Topic: 1941 Ford parking light bulb removal

GNWolohon    -- 08-05-2014 @ 7:24 PM
  How does one get to the light bulb for the subject park light to replace the bulb? I haave removed the screw that holds the stainless steel cover. It appears to be connected on the rear some how. I haven't figured out how this comes apart. The Ford Chassis & Parts Catalog that applies to the 1941 Ford, which I have, doesn't seem to match the parking light parts on my '41. The catalog shows a screw that holds the retainer, I think, but I don't see one.
Thanks in advance, Larry

ken ct.    -- 08-05-2014 @ 10:06 PM
  Its only held on by that screw you removed from the center of the cover. Its probably stuck on there it will lift up,try harder. Ive had 2 41's previously. ken ct.

trjford8    -- 08-06-2014 @ 8:06 AM
  Once the screw is removed push back on the cover. There's a small tab at the back that slides into the rear of the metal base.

GNWolohon    -- 08-06-2014 @ 9:45 AM
  Thanks for the info!!! How does the lens come out? It seems to be "stuck". I can't get it to move, stuck to the gasket maybe?

joe b    -- 08-06-2014 @ 2:19 PM
  Nothing holds the lens after the cover is removed. Just wiggle carefully or pry VERY gently. It has probably attached itself to the rubber gasket due to heat and age.
When you replace it note that the grooved/recessed area at the rear of the lens goes under the cover to hold it.

GNWolohon    -- 08-11-2014 @ 12:42 PM
  Actually to removew the lense, the parking light assy hast to be removed from the top of the fender by removing the 2 nuts that hold it. Then, you turn over the parking light assy & remove a screw that screws into a bracket that holds the lense in place, then the lense may be taken off of the parking light assy to get to the light bulb. There are about 10 parts that make up the 1941 parking light assy. Larry

GNWolohon    -- 08-11-2014 @ 12:43 PM
  Actually to removew the lense, the parking light assy hast to be removed from the top of the fender by removing the 2 nuts that hold it. Then, you turn over the parking light assy & remove a screw that screws into a bracket that holds the lense in place, then the lense may be taken off of the parking light assy to get to the light bulb. There are about 10 parts that make up the 1941 parking light assy. Larry

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7574