Topic: Who all going to National Meet this month

Kenneth M.    -- 08-03-2014 @ 8:10 AM
  This forum is very quiet these days? Going to the National Meet I do enjoy. Local car shows have gone to the dogs anymore. All Street Rods around here. I do enjoy the Glidden Tour in the fall. 1942 or older can go on it. The aaca has nice tours. I want to go on the clubs tour now. Have not done that yet but will. Trying to talk my wife in letting me get a 32. No luck so far. In the past she always gives in. I had a dream we got a 32 3 window and drove it home. Nice dream and hated to wake up.

Kenneth M. Stewart

TonyM    -- 08-03-2014 @ 8:53 AM
  I am going. I hope my car is going with me.

78-73B

efv8    -- 08-03-2014 @ 9:20 PM
  If local cars shows dont interest you, and you like to drive your Ford (or Mercury or Lincoln), then the National Club has something for you. September 7 will be the start of this years National Tour. It starts in Marquette Michigan and traces Henry Ford's impact on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Registration information is available from the main webpage - National/International Meets. Read about it, fill out the form and enjoy touring in your Ford (or Mercury or Lincoln) with others Early Ford V-8 Club members. Two lane is the best lane in Michigan.

JM    -- 08-04-2014 @ 8:58 AM
  Tony, hoping to see you and your car at the CNM. I am especially interested in seeing how that air cleaner looks on your car

efv8, the UP tour sounds nice. About 650 miles of driving. If I had not toured that same area last year, on the way back from the GNM in Lake Tahoe, I may have been up for that tour this year. Some V8er's talk about all the touring they do, but actually only drive their cars from the garage and onto a trailer, do a show, and then it's back in the trailer to head for home . In my opinion, the real fun of owning these old Fords is in driving them.

John

nelsb01    -- 08-04-2014 @ 6:37 PM
  Understand it well JM. While not the cross country tour person the 49 has been owned for 18 years now and has 18,000 additional miles on it. It's been to Branson twice, Dearborn, Auburn four times, and Kansas City, Council Bluffs, Lincoln, Brainerd, Omaha, Liberty, and Winona.
Only casualty was a rear wheel bearing and Hagerty got me home.
Springfield is next on the list.
Not everyone was as lucky as you, so for those that have only read about the Upper Peninsula we are offering the opportunity to experience the area. And see a few collections that are not always open to the public.
My registration is one step away from the mailbox.

VT/JeffH    -- 08-16-2014 @ 5:41 AM
  Hello Everyone!

I'm loading up now. Arrival mid-day Monday.

Spending some time in Dayton OH at the USAF Museum on the way out.

My older brother, Steve, will be attending his first national meet.

-VT/JeffH

TomO    -- 08-24-2014 @ 10:27 AM
  I hope everybody made it back home safely and thanks to the guys that helped me with my battery problem.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7566