Topic: New Edelbrock '94' Carburetor

donclink    -- 02-05-2010 @ 4:15 AM
  Edelbrock is coming out with new production Model 94 carburetors. Their web site indicates availability in 'Spring of 2010'. No pricing yet, but I would guess it's probably close to that of the 'new' Stromberg's. I wonder if it can be fitted with the early throttle shaft and choke levers that accomodate the early dash cables?

Sacramento Vintage Ford has them listed in their catalog.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/94_two-barrel.shtml

37 Coupe    -- 02-05-2010 @ 6:41 AM
  I would be interested in this carburetor but will probably take a "wait and see", hopefully it will be a good one like the English made Stromberg 97 and not made in China like the Speedway 9-7. I would think Edelbrock should get it right though and have materials in it that will hold up to Ethanol.

37 Coupe    -- 02-05-2010 @ 6:53 AM
  One thing that I see wrong or at least for the years I would use this carb is the phillips screws, don't think they were even on the 46-48 Fords that I have had,that is a China giveaway usually.

supereal    -- 02-05-2010 @ 8:14 AM
  Edelbrock is an excellent company. For their prices, they have to be. We use their carbs when necessary, but be sure to ask whether they are set up for strictly stock ball-type controls if you plan to buy one. Some are made for street rod applications.

donclink    -- 02-05-2010 @ 10:09 AM
  Bob, the attached photo shows the other side of the Edelbrock 94, and should ease the fears of those as to where it’s made. USA. It shows the ball for the throttle, but the choke has the screw clamp. The ball type choke levers are readily available in new production, and it would only be a question of exact fit. I think Edelbrock has positioned this product well, as the rights to new Strombergs is already taken, and while the Demon carbs probably perform well, they just don't have that nostalgic look. These new 94s do. Anyone building a new street rod usually spare little in expenses, so having a brand new Holly 94 Tri-power is appealing. I’ve invested a lot of dollars in trying to find and resurrect an array of old Ford 94-59s, so having a trouble free 94, of new manufacture, might be the ticket. I can keep one of the old Ford 94’s for judging…

37 Coupe    -- 02-05-2010 @ 1:24 PM
  I like that USA label that just makes it for me I may give one a try after they are out awhile. I am using an English 97 on a 59AB in a 37 Ford right now and happy with it but will look for one of these in the future,one thing I like about these is I idle screws in the back for fat fingers,those phillip head screws will come out though.Thanks for info and pictures.

supereal    -- 02-06-2010 @ 12:20 PM
  That is a good looking carb, Don. Many don't realize that a carburetor does wear out. The needle seats are swedged, the shafts get wobbly, and the gasket surfaces warp. To make matters worse, rebuild kits have become mostly junk.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=752