Topic: Search Function

Steves46    -- 07-05-2014 @ 2:58 PM
  Is the search function working? Everytime I enter a topic, the site takes me to the page that shows a few previous editions of the V8 Times.

efv8    -- 07-06-2014 @ 8:45 PM
  Thanks Steve.
The site has recently been moved to new and improved servers. This move was long overdue and we have had a few areas that did not work after the move. One was that the Web Administrator was unable to approve classified ads.
I am thinking that you have found another.

Web Administrator

JM    -- 07-07-2014 @ 9:30 PM
  Another thing I have noticed is that posts with recent replys, that come back to the top, are no longer flagged differently than all other posts.

John

JM    -- 07-07-2014 @ 9:39 PM
  Another problem I have on this website is....after I make a post and then hit my return button/key, on my smart phone or on my Samsung tablet, a duplicate message is posted. This was happening long before the server change.

This message was edited by JM on 7-7-14 @ 9:49 PM

51f1    -- 07-08-2014 @ 11:44 AM
  Every time I enter the site, I have to resubmit my preferences in order to display 50 topics at once.

Richard

TomO    -- 07-09-2014 @ 8:39 AM
  Richard, check your setting on 'cookies' for this site. That is how it remembers your preferences.

Tom

efv8    -- 07-09-2014 @ 2:15 PM
  JM and others;
Thanks for reporting these issues. As mentioned earlier, there was a great need to upgrade, and as such the software did not match completely.
The search issue has been corrected. We will let the web hosting company know about the 'new' posts and mobile device issues.
I can tell you that I had to go back to a mouse since my touch pad not longer matched the 'arrow' with the spot I was clicking on. So, technology maybe beneficial, but it still 'breaks'.

Web Administrator

This message was edited by efv8 on 7-9-14 @ 2:15 PM

Steves46    -- 07-09-2014 @ 2:52 PM
  Thank you very much! Working great now.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7484