Topic: Happy 4th of July

wmgmitchell    -- 07-04-2014 @ 6:40 AM
  Happy 4th of July to all!

Also, why hasn't anyone been posting to this forum for the past few days?

Bill

ken ct.    -- 07-04-2014 @ 7:16 AM
  Same to you and your family. This is not like the "fordbarn" much less activity here. ken ct.

David J    -- 07-04-2014 @ 7:20 AM
  Yippir on the fourth and it is even not raining for a change . Pic is Mr Dull ready to burn gas this weekend . Many more comments this summer about NOT painting him . Used to be WHEN are you going to paint him . Well I think I have the final say on painting him and it AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN !!!!! At least until he leaves my estate anyway . Paint is definitely not nice BUT it is the paint Henry put on it in May of 33 . On the not posting I can only speak for myself and there have not been any 33-34 questions to answer so I have not had any reason to . Probably isn't helping that this site gets slammed as worthless by some of the " hot air bunch " on another Ford site . Don't recall seeing any posts here blasting that site and yes there are some very knowledgeable folks there but bad info is not hard to find . Check the recent thread on 33-34 coupe dome light wiring . Not even on the right planet and there are many more .

trjford8    -- 07-04-2014 @ 8:11 AM
  David, I also noticed the "slamming" on the Fordbarn and I responded to some of it. It's a small bunch and one in particular. We might not have as much traffic , but we do have a bunch of gentlemen here that respond to questions and have a world of knowledge. I did notice that one post that was slamming this site did disappear from the Fordbarn site. I think it may have been pulled.
Anyway happy 4th of July to all who post here and enjoy the summer with you Ford V-8.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 7-4-14 @ 8:13 AM

wmgmitchell    -- 07-04-2014 @ 5:33 PM
  Beautiful car, David. If it were mine, I wouldn't paint it either. It's perfect as it is.

Bill

wmgmitchell    -- 07-04-2014 @ 5:33 PM
  Beautiful car, David. If it were mine, I wouldn't paint it either. It's perfect as it is.

Bill

TomO    -- 07-06-2014 @ 9:48 AM
  David, It is great to see a very nice 33 Deluxe 5 window in unrestored condition. The patina shows the love that the car has had over the years.

Tom

David J    -- 07-06-2014 @ 1:27 PM
  Thanks all and my intent was only to show he was ready to go for the fourth . Here's another pic without the bright sun . This is the same car as my avatar on the other site . That pic was as found with spray primer on it . Sat in that tiny garage in CA for MANY years till I rescued it in Dec 2010 . That is why it is dull as it seemed the spray primer was put on after a light scrubbing with steel wool . No sanding marks and some striping is still there . What saved him was the metal roof on the little garage didn't leak for all those long years he hid there . They couldn't find the interior door panels but all the hardware for them was there . If anyone has one or both 33 5w or 4d grubby old door panels I will pay $'s for them . Mohair on the seat is still under the crude canvas seat cover and is fairly intact [ well considering anyway ] but dirty . . Sorry bout jackin your thread but it is actually car related !!!!!!!!!!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7479