Topic: 1936 Ford - Model Unknown

rebrown    -- 05-06-2014 @ 7:51 PM
  I recently shipped this 1936 Ford from upstate NY to my home in CA. I am about to have it looked at and get an estimate as to what needs to be done to bring it back to road ready. I am not sure of the Model. It has 5 windows, but it's not a 5-window coupe. It's not a hump-back or slant-back as far as I can tell. How many different body styles did they make that year? Is it just a tudor?
Any help is appreciated

ford38v8    -- 05-06-2014 @ 8:34 PM
  Your Ford is a 1936 Tudor Sedan. Model 68-70A, known as a Tudor slant back. You'll see that the grill is painted, it has one tail light, one windshield wiper, and a black painted windshield frame. Differences in the interiorwill also confirm that your Ford is a Standard model rather than a DeLuxe model. Some of the DeLuxe features may have been installed at one point in its history. Your car has been taken care of nicely, considering its model and age. You have later sealed beam headlights installed, a peep mirror accessory, and white wall tires, Your car has been repainted at some point, but did not recieve a new pin stripe along the belt line as was original.

I would suggest that you consider purchasing the 35-36 Book published by the EFV8CA, available on this site as well as many vintage Ford suppliers. This book will prove to be invaluable to you in learniong about your Ford. Join the Club also! The Roster of Members will show others in your vicinity with your same model, who will have insights into whatever problems you might encounter.

Alan

JM    -- 05-06-2014 @ 8:40 PM
  Based on what I can see in one side view picture, what I believe you have is a 1936 standard model tudor (flatback/slantback) sedan. Model number/Vehicle Legend number would be 68-70A.

If you could post some additional pictures of front end, rear end, interior, dash, and engine compartment, we could better confirm if it is a standard vs. deluxe model, although I am almost certain it is a standard. Although the stainless strip on the running board looks good (I think), they would not normally be on this model as it came from the manufacturing plant.

John

This message was edited by JM on 5-6-14 @ 9:09 PM

rebrown    -- 05-06-2014 @ 8:59 PM
  Thanks Alan, It does have a green pinstripe along the beltline, but it is not visible in the photo. The upholstery was completely redone with a Cartouche kit and it looked fantastic, but water seeped in, as well as cats and it has molded and needs to be totally ripped out and redone.
I do have a couple of the Reference and spec books that came with a 1936 Ford that are still in pretty good shape.
Thanks for your help.
I will keep the forum updated on it's progress

pops35ford    -- 08-10-2014 @ 11:01 AM
  looks like a 36 2 door slant Back sedan. ... ken

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7298