Topic: 1939 Woodie Parts

Frosty    -- 04-26-2014 @ 12:16 PM
  My buddy is restoring a 1939 Woodie and is looking for some parts. Where is the best site to find these?
He needs:
RH front inside door handle
RH sunvisor bracket
LH door striker plate and dovetail
RH front door pillar cover (not sure of the name of this plate) It's installed just above the upper door hinge.
Tailgate support rods and latch plate assembly
RH tailgate window support.

kubes40    -- 04-27-2014 @ 9:28 AM
  I can tell you from personal experience that 39 wagon parts are scarce! Most likely something you and your friend already have realized.
I'd suggest the usual places to advertise for "wants". Also, talk to folks that have done similar cars and attempt to get their contacts.
I had found there are only a few guys that have these parts, they all seem to know each other and all are rather apprehensive to let any parts go.
I am not trying to "burst your bubble" but only attempting to make you fully realize what you are up against.
On occasion a few of the items you are searching for show up on eBay. My advice is when you find them, pay up... you are unlikely to locate them again.

Stroker    -- 04-27-2014 @ 11:49 AM
  Mike pretty well summarizes your friend's long road at finding those parts. It's gotten to be more of an issue since there are now sources for all the wood parts, which tends to bring back formerly hopeless projects that also need hardware. At one time, there was a supplier of the inside door handles (which break easily) made out of investment cast stainless. The last time I saw them was on the C&G site a number of years ago. The door pillar cap could probably be modified from a 38-40 convertible piece by trimming the top
back to fit the roof stringer. You might suggest that he post a wanted ad in the National Woodie Club monthly magazine. All the parts listed would be the same for 38 and 39 wagons.
He might also contact Doug or Suzie Carr at Wood-n-Carr in So.Cal. (they advertise in Hemmings and NWC publications). Nick Alexander's favorite woodies were 39's, and given he had so many, He probably knew all the sources for hard to find parts. Perhaps someone can chime-in with contact info for Nick.

woodiewagon46    -- 04-27-2014 @ 12:29 PM
  I am not sure if you asked the same question on the Ford Barn site, but if not try this site. Treehouse woods, www.woodiewood.com, 321-783-6781. They repro a lot of the metal interior parts for 38-39 Ford woodies. If the tailgate support rods are the same as 1940 thru 1948, I reproduce them.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7262