Topic: KRW tools

avrotom    -- 04-15-2014 @ 11:52 AM
  Does anyone have pictures or diagrams of the puller tool used to remove the rear hub outer bearing sleeve on a "40 passenger.

supereal    -- 04-15-2014 @ 6:19 PM
  Unless the hub has been modified, there is no sleeve to serve as the bearing race. It is a common practice to sleeve the axle housing end where the roller bearing rides, due to spalling of the surface. That is a machine shop job, both to install and remove the sleeve. Most, if not all, axle housing ends show some erosion. It is imperitive that hubs and bearings be packed with the proper grease. It is a fiber bearing type that permits the rollers to circulate the lube. We use Sta-Lube heavy duty drum brease grease, the best available.

avrotom    -- 04-20-2014 @ 2:50 PM
  Maybe this is just a Canadian thing then. On page 23 of "FORD V-8 SERVICE BULLETINS 1938-1940 COMPLETE" BY Post Motor Books 1970, Service Bulletin Subject 1115, they list a tool no. VZ-199 and show a not so detailed picture of it. I was hopeing someone might have a better picture or diagram that I may use.

TomO    -- 04-21-2014 @ 8:00 AM
  I just looked in my Manzel Ford Tool catalog and there is no mention of Ford tool VZ-199. I could not find a reference to it in the USA Ford Service bulletins either.

If you could describe what you are trying to accomplish or post the page in the book that you are looking at, someone on here may be able to help you.

Please include the year of the Ford that you are working on.

Tom

ford38v8    -- 04-21-2014 @ 9:15 AM
  Just checked the page referred to... Small bearing starting in 1936, apparently the early hubs for this bearing had a sleeve. KRW VZ-199 puller and VZ-200 installer.

Alan

avrotom    -- 04-27-2014 @ 3:27 PM
  Thanks guys for the responses, I found some new bearing sleeves NOS at "All Ford Parts" and will have to make up the puller.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7229