Topic: To Capitol Reef National Park

Old Henry    -- 03-03-2014 @ 7:45 AM
  Just posted the story with pictures and video of our trip last weekend to Capitol Reef National Park on the Ford Barn here for anyone interested: http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133018

ken ct.    -- 03-03-2014 @ 10:15 PM
  Old Henry,I would love to see your trip pics but unfortunaly some people CANNOT get on the FB anymore. ken ct.

Old Henry    -- 03-04-2014 @ 8:39 PM
  One does not have to be a member of the Ford Barn nor log in as a member to browse the site and all postings on it. One just need click the link I provided. If one's access is blocked it's because they are trying to access it as a member rather than just the general public. All of my family and friends are able to access my reports and none of them are members. One may have to delete their browsing history and cookies so that their computer does not try to log on automatically when clicking my link.

This message was edited by Old Henry on 3-4-14 @ 8:41 PM

Grant    -- 03-05-2014 @ 6:30 AM
  Old Henry.........

Thank you for posting those shots. Beautiful.

I always enjoy your photo tours.

Are you using photo bucket? Or something else? Would you be willing to show me how to do that with our Tahoe & Route 66 photos?

Perhaps you could send a PM ?

Old Henry    -- 03-05-2014 @ 12:57 PM
  I'll answer here in case others want to know.

Yes, I upload my photos to Photobucket. After uploading the photos they can be viewed as a library with thumbnails arranged in a grid. In that format each thumbnail has a gear icon in the top right corner when the mouse pointer is on that picture. Put the pointer on that gear and a menu pops down. Click on "Get Links" and all links pup up. Left click on the "Direct" link. It will turn yellow with the word "Copied" in it. If the photo is not being viewed in a library grid click on the photo to open it in Photobucket and those same links will appear to the right of it. Again, left click the Direct link to copy it.

Then you go to where you want to put the picture in your post. If it's on the Ford Barn there is an "Insert Image" icon above the posting area. (It's the yellow box with the mountain in it.) Left click that and it opens up. Right click on the partial address that's there then paste the direct link you copied from Photobucket into that space and click OK. The picture should appear in the post.

You can post any picture found on the web the same way. Right click on the picture, click on properties at the bottom of the menu that pops up, copy the address (URL) then paste it into the image box on Ford Barn to post it there same as described above.

MG    -- 03-05-2014 @ 1:16 PM
  Old Henry,

I always enjoy your back road adventures - both the pictures and your narration. How fast do you drive on those desolate back roads?

MG

Old Henry    -- 03-05-2014 @ 4:45 PM
  1-4 mph under speed limit unless the speed limit is over 65 then 64 is my tops. (I don't have overdrive) On dirt roads, whatever speed I feel comfortable with and in control. Usually well under 50.

This message was edited by Old Henry on 3-5-14 @ 4:47 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7085