Topic: Dimmer Switch Removal/

murphy1936    -- 02-11-2014 @ 2:25 PM
  Could someone give me a heads up to remove the dimmer switch, does it have a clip or is it a pull out type. Don't want to mess this removal up. better to ask if someone has already done this. I haven't looked under the dash yet too cold out there even with a little heat I have, just want to be ready.

Super Deluxe 41

supereal    -- 02-11-2014 @ 2:36 PM
  The dimmer switch is usually held to the underside of the floorboard by two screws. Unfasten the floorboard and lift it up to gain access to the switch after you have removed the screws.

murphy1936    -- 02-11-2014 @ 5:49 PM
  Sorry should have explained this is the dimmer for dash lights, I mentioned that I didn't get a look under dash too cold , it's one of those things put on super deluxe coupes . Appreciate Supereal next time I'll be more specific

Super Deluxe 41

supereal    -- 02-11-2014 @ 9:03 PM
  The dash light dimmer is held to the under lip of the dash with a screw at each end. Those dimmers have always been a problem, and the repros made it worse. If yours doesn't work, exercise it by turning the knob back and forth a few times. Sometimes it will bring them back.

Old Henry    -- 02-11-2014 @ 9:15 PM
  As supereal said, might resurrect it by twisting it back an forth with a shot of WD-40 on it. Revived many a funky switch that way.

murphy1936    -- 02-12-2014 @ 10:50 AM
  It's very loose on dash because when car was delivered the dumb delivery guys thought it was a throttle in the semi darkness and pulled on it so it's very loose on dash. If cannot fix do you recommend tieing both wires ends together and forgetting about it?.

Super Deluxe 41

supereal    -- 02-12-2014 @ 3:13 PM
  That is what I usually do. The dash lights at full brightness are seldom a problem. Most owners on't know or care about the dimmer.

supereal    -- 02-12-2014 @ 3:13 PM
  That is what I usually do. The dash lights at full brightness are seldom a problem. Most owners on't know or care about the dimmer.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=7015