Topic: Brake/clutch pedal assy P/N

Norm    -- 01-18-2014 @ 9:59 AM
  I think this is a question for Mike Kubarth! A number of years ago I picked up a brake/clutch pedal assembly. At first glance I thought it was '39 and the price was right (how easily we deceive ourselves!).

I've decided to clear out/sell some stuff so I dug this out and found the following: The bracket is clearly marked 01A-2467. Darn - it must be for a '40 thinks I. So, off to the Green Book for some clarity.

Well, that part number isn't listed! 99A-2467 would be the '39 number, but 01A-2473 is for '40 and newer. The pedals are 09A-2455 and 09A-7520-A2, respectively.

My question is - what have I got? Will these work in a '39-style arrangement? If not, what are the differences? I've been approached by someone who wants to do a hydraulic brake conversion and I don't want to steer him wrong.

Thanks!

kubes40    -- 01-18-2014 @ 4:36 PM
  Norm,
It appears you have the assembly from a 1940 Mercury.
The '40 Merc utilized the same bracket as the '40 Ford. However, the Merc utilized different pedals than the Ford.
By the way, the 99A prefix is '39 MERC. Ford in 1939 used a prefix of 91A.
I don't have a ton of modification experience but have learned guys long for the '39 Ford assembly for retrofitting as the arrangement lends itself easy (easier than the 1940 assembly)to hook up the requisite linkage.
Will your '40 Merc assembly work in this "interested" fellow's vehicle??? I am not certain how things will clear the frame, etc.
By the way, that number, like many numbers may not be listed simply because it was not available as a "stand alone" service replacement part. As a matter of fact, it may not have been available as part of an assembly either.
Regards,
Mike

Norm    -- 01-18-2014 @ 8:20 PM
  Mike - Thanks!! It looks like you've solved the mystery!! I never thought of Mercury. Duh!!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6926