Topic: Vent window -41 bus coupe

jehn    -- 12-28-2013 @ 6:11 AM
  I am looking for detailed pics of vent window for -41 bus coupe. I am afraid I have wrong vent windows on my car and I want to be sure. Anybody out there who can give me pics or a link to good pics and may be other informations about the vent windows?

41-42fordadvisor    -- 12-28-2013 @ 4:45 PM
  I need more information. Is your 1941 Ford a Deluxe or a Super Deluxe and is it an early or late 1941? The Super Deluxe uses a crank out vent window handle. The early Super Deluxe had no lock on the vent window frame. Also the early Super Deluxe had a black vent window frame. The late Super Deluxe had a stainless steel window vent frame. The Deluxe uses a push out vent window with a lock that has a push button to unlock the handle. The Deluxe vent window frame is black. The 1941 Ford body parts manual has pictures of both the Deluxe and Super Deluxe vent window and all their parts and part numbers. What makes you think you have the wrong vent window? Fred Killian

jehn    -- 12-29-2013 @ 4:08 AM
  Thanks Fred for your answer.
I am not sure if I have an early or late -41 but
there is no cranks for my vent windows but very small "levers" on them. The frames are chromed or stainless. The frame will not fits tight to the rubber seal even with new seals.
The windows are are also very hard to close and lock with the very small "levers".
Because of this problems I have bought new vent window levers (01-7022916/7) and brackets (01A-7022938) from Bob Drake.
When I got the parts I became a little bit confused if I really have the right vent windows.
I am living in Sweden so I apologize for my english.

41-42fordadvisor    -- 12-29-2013 @ 7:46 AM
  I think you have a Super Deluxe vent window frame. Because of the chrome vent window frame and small vent window lock. If you remove the door panel you may find the regulator for opening and closing the vent window. The gear inside the regulator is made of pot metal and the gears are easy to strip. You may have a stripped gear making it hard for you to close the vent window. I don't think the Deluxe vent window handle from Bob Drake will fit on a Super Deluxe vent window frame. I think once you replace the gears in the vent window regulator it should work a lot better for you. Your English is just fine I have no problem understanding you. Fred Killian

jehn    -- 12-31-2013 @ 7:31 AM
  Hi again Fred.
I`m going to take your advice about the regulators.
I have been looking around on the web but I can`t find any pics with the small vent window locks like mine.
If you have any idea about such pics I will be glad if you will show me.

Thanks for your engagement in my problem.
It feels good to have Ford-friends in US.

I wish you a happy new year.
Jan-Erik Hansson, Sweden

41-42fordadvisor    -- 01-02-2014 @ 8:00 AM
  Hi Jan-Erik and Happy New Year to you also. I'm sorry but I am not computer literate so I'm afraid that I cannot post pictures. However, if you would give me your address I would be happy to mail you pictures with an explanation on how to replace the gear in the vent window regulator. Thank you for the compliment and it is just good to help anyone no matter where they live. Fred Killian

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6858