Topic: headlight wire

46fordnut    -- 01-24-2010 @ 9:32 AM
  anyone have an idea where the low beam wire goes for a 1946 ford floor switch to the headlight wire? i have highbeam my wire fell off and i don't know where it goes.

supereal    -- 01-24-2010 @ 10:14 AM
  There are three connections to the dimmer switch. The feed, yellow with a black tracer, goes to the center connection of the switch. Green/black (low beam) goes to one side, while red/black (high beam) goes to the other side of the switch. If you can find only two connections to the dimmer switch, chances are one of the connectors has fallen off, not unusual for the dimmer switch, which is exposed to the elements on the bottom of the floorboard. The side connectors are not critical, as long as they feed the same wires.

46fordnut    -- 01-24-2010 @ 4:12 PM
  yes i know but i changed the wires and a tow truck pulled one wire off and there not stock wires three wires connections looking from front of car witch one (floor dimmer switch)

This message was edited by 46fordnut on 1-24-10 @ 4:14 PM

deluxe40    -- 01-24-2010 @ 8:14 PM
  If your high beams work, then the battery and the high beam wire must still be connected to the dimmer switch. The low beam wire then goes on the dimmer switch pole that doesn't have a wire. It's hard to say which pole that is because the orientation of the switch might have been changed when the car was rewired. Also, on my switch the high beam terminal has a second wire connected that goes to the high beam indicator - the low beam wire goes on the other terminal. Hope this helps. I feel like we're missing something.

46fordnut    -- 01-25-2010 @ 5:17 PM
  i have 3 wires comming off of the floor switch 1 is power 1 is high beam and the other must be the low beam . i just don't know where to put the lowbeam wire on the head light wires.

46fordnut    -- 01-31-2010 @ 7:32 PM
  just my computer back i broke but when it got fixed i lost all my e-mail addresses do you know george m? i had it,it's gone . mine is on gm's list. thanks .

supereal    -- 02-01-2010 @ 7:35 AM
  If you are looking for George Mitch*ll, his e-mail is g.mitch*ll@fordsrus.com

TomO    -- 02-01-2010 @ 7:35 AM
  I am having a little trouble determining exactly what you need.

As said in previous posts, there are 3 wires on the dimmer switch, power, low beam and high beam. The power wire is yellow and red, the low beam is black with red tracer and the high beam is black with a green tracer.

These wires go directly to the connection for the headlights. The connection should be near the radiator, just in front of the horns.

Tom

supereal    -- 02-01-2010 @ 7:36 AM
  I don't know why this site places an asterisk in place of the letter E, but you get the idea.

deluxe40    -- 02-01-2010 @ 9:47 AM
  The web site's censorship program might think you are trying to say something naughty like "Oh, h*ll !". (This is a test.)

supereal    -- 02-01-2010 @ 12:21 PM
  Actually, I think it is to censor a bad word: Chevy!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=678