Topic: Beware of a person called AUTO SPARES

Gail Rodda    -- 11-24-2013 @ 5:11 PM
  I would like to know how many have been ripped off by a person called AUTO SPARES. I payed him for a fuel tank sender for my 1941 ford & I have not heard from him since. I don't want any one else to get ripped off by him. The earlier posting was spelled wrong. I am sorry.There will be a add in the parts wanted as soon as they get it put in.

Gail Rodda

ford38v8    -- 11-24-2013 @ 6:48 PM
  Gail, we do take such accusations seriously, but I 'd suggest you furnish more information about how and when you hooked up with this individual, and ease up with your choice of words because right or wrong, you don't want to find yourself in court defending those words.

There may be someone who knows of this supplier and can help if you supply the needed information, but who wouldn't want to get involved if you get huffy.

Alan

trjford8    -- 11-24-2013 @ 6:55 PM
  We could use more specifics. Where is this person located and is there a name attached to "auto spares"? How did they contact you? There's some scammers working the want ads on this site and they used to send e-mails from the U.K. They are now using e-mail addresses in the U.S., but their language is still a dead give away. Just had one answer a want ad I placed a couple of months ago. If someone answers your ad ask for a phone number where they can be reached. You will not get a phone number. Also ask for a photo and see what you get. I was looking for some original bumper irons and the guy sent me a photo from a Bob Drake catalog showing some stainless steel bumper irons. I confronted the seller on the bogus photo and never heard back. Do not do business strictly via the internet. Try to talk to the person via phone.

efv8    -- 11-24-2013 @ 9:26 PM
  Please note: Your statement about "There will be a add in the parts wanted as soon as they get it put in" will not be happening because I will not be approving it.
The classified ads are no place for complaints to be registered. If you feel you have to complain or praise, the V-8 Forum is that place. And we caution you about how you do that.
Once again, we caution you about internet offers. Please take the time to read the Classified Rules.
We are sorry that there are people out there that find pleasure in 'ripping off' honest people. The only way we will get them to stop is if we stop dealing with them.
Bruce Nelson
Early Ford V-8 Club
Web Administrator

OLDTMR    -- 11-25-2013 @ 4:22 AM
  I was also contacted by this same party. I had an ad on here looking for temp sending units and got an E-mail reply from this "joker". The spelling was not very good and when I asked for a picture it never came but I lead him on for fun. Certainly did not give him the $200.00 he wanted ! Beware shoppers

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6750