Topic: 1937 Ford 710 I.D. Part 2

arguelles67    -- 01-23-2010 @ 6:43 PM

Let this serve as the new post for the Continuation of 1937 Ford 710 Roadster Identification post.

Dan

arguelles67    -- 01-23-2010 @ 7:07 PM
  Wmsteed and Alan,

Thanks! I found the I.D. by the steering box. It starts with the five point star, then 18 and then the 362xxxx then again two five point stars if Im not mistaken. Interesting thing though, the number 6 looks like a lower case "b" almost, and is perfectly identical to my body tag.

Bill , my body tag does not look like yours but it does look like other body tags I have seen for the 36 and 37 cabriolets.

What critical pictures could I take that would reveal how original the car may still be and exactly what has been changed?

The serial numbers were on the top beam by the steering box and where not exactly lined up correctly. I have the car up on a lift now so its easier for me to see under the car. Im tempted to take some pictures and post them here. My uncle says the transmission is original and is a hydromatic transmission?

Bill , I guess when you know alot and are an expert on a subject you love, we have a tendency as human beings to look down on others who know less. Sorry to say, Ive been guilty of this myself in my own field.

The first topic is rapidly approaching 2100 hits in just 10 days! Apparently this subject has uncovered some Gold Nuggets of Truth!

Dan

trjford8    -- 01-24-2010 @ 8:22 AM
  Dan, don't want to be the bearer of bad news but your Ford never came equipped with a hydromatic. Hydromatics came in General Motors cars. Yourcar came equipped with a flathead motor, 3 speed stick transmision and a torque tube drive rear end. I realize you car has been modified, but nothing in the running gear is original equipment.

TomO    -- 01-24-2010 @ 8:41 AM
  Dan, the web site administrator was being kind to you, what he should have said is that your original questions were answered and you are dragging out the discussion and going off topic by talking about your business. You think that there is a lot of interest in this topic, because the hit count is high. Most users of the Forum scroll though it topic by topic, by hitting the next button. Your hit count would go up, even though the topic was not read.

IMHO you are taking advantage of the courtesy extended to you by the people on the forum. You ask a question and the dispute the answer with information from other sites or sources.

If you have specific questions, we will be glad to answer them to the best of our knowledge, but lets end this topic.

Tom

efv8    -- 01-24-2010 @ 9:22 AM
  Dan Arguelles67
Tom YOU ARE RIGHT. Dan, your original questions have been answered. THIS conversation has gone on way too long with argumentative and sometimes colorful languange. Our Forum is designed to help members get answers to their Ford Co. vehicle questions - - and not for a social blog. Mr. Arguelles, you are taking advantage and exploiting the purpose of the Forum. Please do not continue on this topic. If you have other SPECIFIC questions, try a post.
WEBSITE ADMINISTRATOR

This message was edited by efv8 on 1-24-10 @ 10:10 AM

wmsteed    -- 01-24-2010 @ 11:02 AM
  If I understand the comments made by the forum administrator, efv8, contributions and/or questions to the EFV-8 Club Forum should be limited to items relative to Fords, as Henry built them.
I would agree that some of Dan's (arguelles67) comments have been very troubling in as much that he gets answers to his question (s) only to take a different tacked...
It just dawned on me that the answer to Dan questions might lay in his online name... "(argue)(elles)", in Spanish arguir/arduidor is the same as English, arguer. Some people take great delight in being argumentative.
I do not think that the amount of viewers of the Ford Roadster topic has been caused by people scrolling down the list of topics. A topic has to be clicked open before it registers. As to if all of the 2,000 viewers actually read the postings, that is a different question.

Bill
36 5 win delx cpe

efv8    -- 01-24-2010 @ 11:32 AM
  Bill, Mr. Arguelles is welcome to post specific questions on the Forum. He is taking advantage of our site by posting ads for his business, and using the site for our members to "appraise" his vehicle. While the topics can be interesting, this one has gone on WAY too long. Many remarks have become derogatory. We have had complaints. Mr. Arguelles has used colorful language and is breaking the rules. Enough. WEBSITE ADMIN

This message was edited by efv8 on 1-24-10 @ 11:37 AM

arguelles67    -- 01-24-2010 @ 6:32 PM
  trjford8,

Thanks! Thats what my uncle had told me.....

Dan

arguelles67    -- 01-24-2010 @ 6:34 PM
  TomO,

Thanks for the heads-up an no Im not looking for advertisement for my business.

Dan

arguelles67    -- 01-24-2010 @ 6:36 PM
  efv8,

Well if thats how you feel,Im sorry.... Wasnt trying to take advantage of the site but I was using it as some sort of social blog. Wont do it again.

Thanks,

Dan

arguelles67    -- 01-24-2010 @ 6:48 PM
  efv8,

I beg your pardon sir? I have never used derogatory language in my posts. But Im not so sure your network administratos can say the same. By the way, Bill is right about my last name! I wont cause any more trouble.....Bill was also on the money about the clicks on this very interesting topic. I was hoping it would exist in its entirety to shed light on this very elusive subject for others. We have covered some very important material here...

Dan

Wolfie    -- 01-24-2010 @ 7:26 PM
  Amen!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=675