Topic: front fender, apron and grille assembly 1933 coupe

TPAYR    -- 11-02-2013 @ 12:32 PM
  Ive reached a point where I need you the experts advice... Im trying to figure out how the front apron, fenders and grille all bolt together.... in which order? As well, how does the apron attach to the lower rad pan? It appears as though the apron would just rest it's hooked edge over the upright edge of the rad pan? There must be some sort of process to get all these items together, I've run out of fingers and toes to hold it all at once? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. I have the restoration guide, but cannot find a good photo or description within. Thanks in advance for any and all comments.
Cheers.

trjford8    -- 11-02-2013 @ 1:45 PM
  First hang the grill on the radiator. Everything centers around the radiator. Set the radiator rods on the firewall and then on the radiator mount. Hang the grill and then adjust the sh*ll/radiator to fit the hood top(just use the top without the sides). Set the proper front an back clearances on the hood tops.
Assemble the inner fender panels and leave them loose. Put your fender brace on the frame and bolt it just tight enough so you can move it for adjustment. Now place each fender over the inner panel(make sure you have anti squeak between the fender and the panel) and put all bolts in loosely to the panel and to the grill sh*ll. You need to support the backs of the fenders and you can loosely attach them to the front of the running board or use blocks of wood to support them. Now go from side to side and start "snugging up" the bolts. Start at the back and go forward. It will take some time and you will make many adjustments as you go. Be patient as it's time consuming.

TPAYR    -- 11-03-2013 @ 6:40 AM
  Thanks for the info... sound advice for sure... the only open question is still the apron pan hanging on the rad pan... do they simply hook together with anti-squeak or am I missing something? Thanks for all your help.

trjford8    -- 11-03-2013 @ 8:20 AM
  not positive about the 33-34 apron panel. Most radiator apron panels usually hook to the bottom of the grill in some manner, but I think yours may not and just mount to the frame.

trjford8    -- 11-03-2013 @ 6:20 PM
  TPAYR, I got an answer regarding the radiator apron today. At the front end of the inner fender panels as they dip downward you will find a bolt hole at the end of each panel. The front part of the radiator panel bolts to those inner fender panels at that point.

TPAYR    -- 11-04-2013 @ 8:35 AM
  Thanks for the response... I have (hopefully)attached a photo of the area... the question is about the front pan or heart shaped pan... does it just hang on the front of the rad pan? and is there anti-squeak in between? Does the heart shaped pan mount below or on top of the fenders? Sorry for the confusion, it's difficult to get the written descriptions correct so bear with me. Thanks

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6679