Topic: 1941 radiator

jehn    -- 10-18-2013 @ 9:59 AM
  Im looking for a radiator for my 41 coupe but it´s not so easy to find because that model seems to have a very special one. May be anybody out there know if a radiator from another flatty will fit?
It´s not necessary for me to get the crank space like that on the original 41 radiator but I want it to have the same size.

ford38v8    -- 10-18-2013 @ 1:01 PM
  Jehn, Welcome to the forum, and to the EFV8CA. Your best bet for radiator replacement is to take your old radiator to a qualified radiator shop, where they will remove the upper and lower tanks, bump out any dents, and reinstall with a new core. This will be the most cost effective replacement, while retaining as much originality as possible, and of course wil be the correct dimensions. Your only problem now is to find a shop capable of doing this, as most today do not have the facility nor the expertise.

As an afterthought, when you find such a qualified shop, you may request that they refurbish your existing complete radiater, as the core may indeed be salvageable.

Alan

joe b    -- 10-18-2013 @ 6:03 PM
  What state do you live in?. Some of us may be able to point you to a good shop.

jehn    -- 10-21-2013 @ 1:58 AM
  Thanks for responding.
I´m living in Sweden.
The radiator in my car is not original and to low so I want another.That´s because I´m try to find out if some other Ford flathead radiator may be can fit.

bo8109b    -- 10-21-2013 @ 8:19 AM
  In the V8 Times, Brassworks shows a reproduction radiator for a '41. www.thebrassworks.net

jehn    -- 10-22-2013 @ 11:43 AM
  Thanks, but I know about that repro radiators but I want an old one because of that old look.

TomO    -- 10-23-2013 @ 10:09 AM
  The Brassworks reproduction looks like the original, any old 41 radiator that you purchase may have a core that is not as efficient in cooling. This could be due to calcium build up or loose fins.

If you want to drive the car in warm weather, I would go for the Brassworks radiator.

Tom

jehn    -- 11-04-2013 @ 12:53 PM
  Thanks everybody for all advices about radiators.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6628