Topic: Need shocks rebuilt

35gal    -- 01-21-2010 @ 4:17 PM
  Has anybody used M&S Hydraulics to rebuild shocks. they have the best prices.

NATESBPD    -- 01-21-2010 @ 4:37 PM
  I have used them. Great prices, friendly... and one of shocks came back with seal leaking, no problems..just sent it back and the fixed again and sent it out had shocks in several weeks.

37 Coupe    -- 01-21-2010 @ 6:17 PM
  I sent a set of four shocks to M&S quite a few years ago but I beleive it is still the same owner. Not a very good experience, they were original to my 39 Ford. Leaking in box upon return to me it looked like all that was done was spray painted black,called Vern told me to send back (my cost shipping) and this time I did not get my original ones back,one was even a different and longer arm,blame was always put on his workers or one in particular,mayby he has straightened up by now. I had a bunch of money in shocks and shipping and somewhere my nice looking originals were now missmatched and missing. Did not really know much about Lou in Ct. who has since sold to another fellow who is supposedly pretty good. To be honest I checked off Apple Hydraulics early on because the guy whom I talked to on the phone Lazar sounded like I was talking to one of the representatives you usually get in India. I went with M and S because years ago V-8 Times did a story on the with a lot of praise unfortunately this was the original owner/builder and long passed the business. I called Apple back and got a nice set of shocks for the 39 and about 5 years ago sent a set of 37 shocks to them,beautifully rebuilt,operate great and no leaks. Guys on Fordbarn really praise the guy who took over Lou Trinque so I would probably check with him or give him a shot.

JM    -- 01-22-2010 @ 5:13 AM
  I posted a long message on the Fordbarn.com early V8 Forum yesterday regarding this same subject. JM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=660