Topic: '36 Tudor tool storage?

Flatbob    -- 01-21-2010 @ 9:46 AM
  What prevented the tools, especially the jack from sliding around in the storage area behind the rear seat?

trjford8    -- 01-21-2010 @ 6:36 PM
  The jack and tools were usually stored in a burlap bag.I would build a wooden box to store behind the seat and put the jack and tools in the box.

42wagon    -- 01-22-2010 @ 3:40 AM
  As I recall from the days when a 36 tudor was the family car what kept the jack from sliding around were all the blocks of wood used to chock the wheels when changing a tire, tire chains,and other "essential" items that ended up behind the seat. The small tools, (pliers, screw driver, etc) got borrowed for household projects never to return to the storage space.

Flatbob    -- 01-22-2010 @ 11:15 AM
  I have a complete set of tools for the car & thought maybe I was missing something to prevent them from rattling around, guess it will will be something as suggested. Thanks for responding.

w1spurgeon    -- 01-22-2010 @ 11:48 AM
  Interesting. I've never looked behind the rear seat of my Tudor, maybe Jimmy Hoffa is back there.

w1spurgeon    -- 01-22-2010 @ 11:48 AM
  Interesting. I've never looked behind the rear seat of my Tudor, maybe Jimmy Hoffa is back there.

deluxe40    -- 01-22-2010 @ 3:29 PM
  I haven't (yet) owned a '36, but the '34 came with a pouch for the small tools and grease gun. The '34 pouch was made of long grain top material, probably from scraps that Ford put to good use. It measures about 6 1/2" by 11" and has a flap with two snaps to close it. The burlap bag for the jack measures about 12" by 18". The photo below shows two reproduction pouches that were made for V8 Club national meets. The burlap bag is also a reproduction that was made by a So Cal V8 Club member several years ago. I believe these items were included in new V8 cars through the thirties.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=658