Topic: Cost to join club ?

Grant    -- 09-29-2013 @ 5:20 AM
  There was a rumor going around during the Tahoe meet that, for new members only, membership for the first year would be free.

Does anyone know if that is true ?

If so, would that be just for US citizens ? Or would it also apply to new members in Canada ?

I'm working on getting two fellows to join us. Both are in Ontario, which would be RG149.

JM    -- 09-29-2013 @ 7:33 AM
  What I heard at Tahoe was... any existing member can sponsor one new member for a one year free membership in the EFV-8C/A. They had forms available for this at the awards dinner but you could probably find a form here on the website or maybe use the form that comes with the V-8 Times.

John

1934 Ford    -- 09-29-2013 @ 5:32 PM
  The cost of membership is the price of a subscription to the best publication for early Ford V8 fans. The V8 Times is a wealth of information that non members miss out on. All the other benefits are just a bonus.
This from a non show member for 40+ years, but one that loves the Early Ford V8 and thinks membership is the price of good information.

1934 Ford's since 1972

Grant    -- 09-30-2013 @ 6:38 AM
  Could KENS36 possibly comment on the subject of sponsorship by a current member giving a newbie his first year's membership free ?

JM........I was at the Tahoe banquet but did not run across the necessary EFV8 Club form.

Could it be that this is simply an incorrect rumor about a proposed method of trying to get new members into the club ? I hope not. It sounds like a terrific idea, especially with respect to getting some younger people involved with the flathead era.

Kens 36    -- 09-30-2013 @ 9:05 AM
  Grant,

The National Board of Directors created a promotion as an incentive to attend the Grand National Meet in Lake Tahoe. Each registrant was to receive one voucher to provide a friend a free one-year membership in the Early Ford V-8 Club. This was intended for new members - the friend who used the voucher must not have been a member for the previous 5 years.

Some attendees at the event said that the voucher was not in their goody bags, so we had a supply to make sure everyone received one and did hand out several at the banquet.

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Ken

Grant    -- 09-30-2013 @ 5:15 PM
  Hi Ken,

Thanks for responding. Much appreciated.

That form was not in goody bag 348.

I was late getting back to Harrah's for the Tahoe banquet because we blew the pulley right off the '36 roadster's left water pump on US 50 late Thursday morning. Luckily it somehow did not grenade itself through the radiator core. With the gracious assistance of fellow member Louis Cote in Fallon, the car was repaired within three hours and we made it back to Stateline just in time for dinner.

Such are the perils of highway-driving a 68/710 which has spent most of the last sixty years in storage more than 5000 miles in one trip.

I never did run across the sponsored new-member application form in question while at the 50th anniversary meet.

JM believes that it is available somewhere on the club website and/or with the V8 Times, but I've not been able to find such a thing anywhere.

Is that document still available ?

Or has the offer perhaps expired ?

If so, I do with the utmost respect urge our Directors to consider renewing such a proposal.

Regards, Grant

JM    -- 10-01-2013 @ 2:55 AM
  Grant,
I did not get a copy of the new membership form/voucher in my registration package nor did I get one at the awards banquet. I did get a copy from Arel Brown as we were heading back East on the Cross Country Tour.
I was only assuming that this form might be available on the website or that we could possibly use the form that normally comes with the V-8 Times.

John

Grant    -- 10-01-2013 @ 9:05 AM
  John.........thanks very much for that clarification.

It sounds like there must have been some of those form/voucher membership applications unused and left over when the Tahoe meet ended.

Do any EFV8ers out there have a blank sponsored membership form/voucher which isn't going to get filled in and submitted? If so, would you be willing to pass them on to us for use in getting new members into RG149?

flatheadfleming@hotmail.com 519-666-2891

trjford8    -- 10-01-2013 @ 5:37 PM
  Grant, send me a PM with your address and I'll send you the one that I have. Tom

Grant    -- 10-02-2013 @ 5:04 AM
  That's great, Tom. Thanks a lot.

I have no idea what a PM is.......so here's the address:

Grant Fleming
13255 Ten Mile Road
Rural Route 1
Ilderton Ontario N0M2A0
Canada

Again my sincere thanks to everyone who participated in discussing this topic.

trjford8    -- 10-02-2013 @ 7:42 AM
  Grant, got it. I will get it out in the next couple of days. Just for info a PM is a private message. registered users can send one by "clicking" on the box in the upper right corner of the posting box where it says "send pm".

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6565