Topic: 1941 front floor mat & paint color

Gail Rodda    -- 09-12-2013 @ 3:30 PM
  I got a floor front mat from Dennis Carpenter For my 1941 ford buisness coupe. The hole for the dimmer switch is in the wrong place & the mat is about 1 1/4 inches too narrow. It is suposed to fit 1941-1948 Could the 1941 take a different mat every thing else is different. Also what color are the delux on the hood the Ford script on the grill & the ford script on the grill gard painted. the car is florentine blue. Orignaly they were dark green & the car was dark blue.

Gail Rodda

woodiewagon46    -- 09-12-2013 @ 4:49 PM
  Gail, I would purchase the 1941 to 1948 Ford book offered by the V8 Club , it will answer most, if not all your questions. As to the color question , this is the wording according to the book. "Later Super DeLuxe cars carry V8 or 6 badges with blue background on the upper part of the emblem. Early DeLuxe series cars carried DeLuxe name in blue on the emblem. On later Deluxe series cars a V8 or 6 badge , in blue, similar to that added to the Super DeLuxe emblem, has been added. Hope this answers your question, I am still looking for the answer to your grill guard question. As to the floor mat it sounds like you might have a '40 mat, it was narrower, but I don't know by how much.

kubes40    -- 09-12-2013 @ 6:56 PM
  Gail, I'm not much of an authority on '41 Fords but can tell you for certain, '41 was an odd year (as you know) and there were three, yes THREE different locations for the dimmer switch during this model year.
All of the places you question color, except the guard... blue. The guard was red. It did not matter what trim level the car was... it was always red.

Gail Rodda    -- 09-14-2013 @ 1:32 PM
  Thank you both for the Info. I painted the delux on the hood & the script on the grill dark blue. I had another grill gard & it had the script painted red so i painted the grill gard on the car red. I found out you can't buy a floor mat with the cutout for the dimmer switch correct for a 1941. Thank you again. Gail

Gail Rodda

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6520