Topic: 34 Sedan values

wilet    -- 08-11-2013 @ 7:31 PM
  A friend of mine has a original 34 2 door sedan for sale that he has had for years. It has the original engine and running train. Car has not been restored but keep up through the years like a repaint, engine overhaul,and basic maintance, The interior was installed years ago and is vinyl good shape, Its bacically a solid original driver that can be driven anywhere, Being original with all Ford parts in todays market what would be a estimate on its value?

This message was edited by wilet on 8-11-13 @ 7:35 PM

trjford8    -- 08-11-2013 @ 8:06 PM
  That's a hard call without seeing photos and more specific information. Example; how long ago was the motor overhauled? Was it a complete over haul or just a ring job? Was a new clutch installed? How is the wiring? Is it original or has it been replaced/ As you can see there are many unanswered questions. If it has vinyl interior that is not stock to this car. That would definitely detract from the value. If it has an older paint job how much body work or repair panels were done prior to the repaint. As you can see the question begs for a lot more information before we can get close to a value.

wilet    -- 08-11-2013 @ 8:58 PM
  I totally understand as I have other restored cars. Here is what I know about your questions. Motor was gone through completely around 5000 miles ago and new clutch. Transmission was also checked out. Front end is tight and steering is fine but this was done about 10 years ago. Electrical was updated and is now 12 volt system with new cloth wrapped wires like orginals. Body has no rust and panels and fenders are very straight but its a driver and not show quality on the under side. I would rate it a 3 but a strong 3. Not a number 1 show or a 2. Like we would have driven in the 50's or 60's just a clean driver. Not really any scrathes in the paint.

trjford8    -- 08-14-2013 @ 8:02 PM
  I'll take a guess that it should be valued at $14,000-$16,000.

cottonfrboi    -- 08-15-2013 @ 11:59 AM
  I may be interested in buying your 34 2dr. Please give me a call at 208 891-7186 or email me at cotton11@q.com

wilet    -- 08-18-2013 @ 11:10 PM
  Many tanks- my estimate was around $18K for the info I had. This helps me out.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6397