Topic: new carburetor

Wolfie    -- 07-13-2013 @ 8:23 PM
  I am interested in the new 94 replacement carburetor that C&G has in their catalog. Has anyone had any experience with this carb?

supereal    -- 07-13-2013 @ 8:29 PM
  The "new" 94 carbs include some improvements over the original. Too many old units have wonky threads and warped bodies.

Wolfie    -- 07-13-2013 @ 8:37 PM
  I think you are describing my carb because it has one stripped thread and seems worn out. I would like to hear from someone who has used this carb.

joe b    -- 07-14-2013 @ 6:50 AM
  I actually just installed one of these which I bought from C&G. After it got fuel it worked perfectly right out of the box. I made a minor idle adjustment and hit the road. With my old carb I would have to do something to it every year for the past 4 years.
Be aware that the new carb has no Ford logo which may concern the Concourse folks. I just want to drive my '41.

Wolfie    -- 07-14-2013 @ 1:41 PM
  Thanks Joe, that's what I was looking for. I too, just want to drive my car. Anyone else tried this carb?

FrankM-RG5    -- 07-14-2013 @ 5:27 PM
  I got one from Carpenter for my 49 but I think they are the same. 7100 miles to Tahoe and back. over 9500 feet at times. NO electric pump. A couple of little burps but that was it.

Wolfie    -- 07-15-2013 @ 8:46 PM
  I decided to buy the new carb and got it at C&G today, about a 15 mile drive from my house. It is the Carpenter carb. Put it on and it ran perfect out of the box. I haven't made any adjustments to it. Took it for a ride this evening and am very pleased with how smoothly it runs. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a good carb and isn't concerned with it not having the Ford logos.

Jim    -- 07-17-2013 @ 2:25 PM
  Had a lot of carb problems and was getting pretty frustrated. So I purchased a new one from Dennis Carptenter about 2,000 miles ago, and car has never run better. For me, it was a great product!!!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6302