Topic: July 1 Grand Tour

nelsb01    -- 07-02-2013 @ 5:57 AM
  Welcome to July!! The Twin Cities Regional Group #46 met the Cross Country travelers in Woodbury MN and then took the 101 year old Yellowstone Trail from Hudson WI to Chippewa Falls and the home of Paul and Joanne Oman for the day. Paul and Joanne were part of the cross country tour, and to drive home and get ready for the group this size, we thank them!! Upon arriving the group of 23 old V-8 Fords was greeted by car club members from the Chippewa Falls area. After a delicious lunch and tour of the Oman's collection, and root beer float desserts, we loaded up and head over to Eau Claire to see the Larry Menard collection (yes, that Menard that is related to NASCAR Paul Menard).
Once done there the group checked into their hotels and then headed back to Oman's for dinner. We have to tell you that you know when your garage is big enough, when you can also have a diner in it -- and that means kitchen and soda fountain.
We want to thank the Oman's for entertaining and feeding the group == both Twin Cities Regional Members and the cross country tour group.
Bruce Nelson
Twin Cities Regional Group

This message was edited by nelsb01 on 7-2-13 @ 6:11 AM

FrankM-RG5    -- 07-02-2013 @ 7:23 AM
  Thanks for doing you best to make me regret leaving the tour early. As much as I hate to admit it, it does feel good to be back home.

JM    -- 07-02-2013 @ 10:01 AM
  Yeah Frank, we wish you had stayed with us for a few more days. Youi missed seeing some great car collections yesterday and some great meals at the Oman's place.
I am having lunch with Bruce Nelson now in the town of Bruce, WI. We will head for Iron Mountain, MI after lunch. All is still doing well with our cars. My '35 loves to cruise at 60 to 65 on these flat roads here in WI.

John

nelsb01    -- 07-02-2013 @ 3:02 PM
  Yes Frank, you were missed.
But I too am back after having a great time in Bruce (Wisconsin that is).
And, it will be my own bed tonight too! I was only gone one night though, no comparison to what the Cross Country group did!

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6257