Topic: Grand Tour June 27

FrankM-RG5    -- 06-27-2013 @ 10:36 PM
  It is late and tomorrow starts the trio home. I was not going to do this but I know how everyone looks forward to it.
This morning started with Bob and I getting an early start out of Worland as we had a big mountain to cross and wanted to do it before it got too hot. Not too far out of Worland I stopped for some pictures and Bob pulled in behind me and his car died. After much investigation we discovered the float valve leaking on the front carburetor. It was an easy fix and we were on our way. Many in the group stopped and Dick stayed to help us. A motorhome came by and offered the ladies some comfort. Interesting people as they had been living out of it for 11 years now.
After Bob got going we continued to climb to 9600 feet. Got some photo ops and started the descent into Buffalo. We gassed up there and headed o Gillette for lunch.
After lunch we went east on 90 for a bit before heading off up to Devil's Tower.
After getting a few photos there we were off to Custer and the Rocket Motel for the night.
We had dinner in the Buglin' Bull and Arel had a test to see how well we knew our tour companions. Bill and I came in first and I won a can of Road Kill Grill seasonings.
The ride today and views were spectacular. I will let you meander through the pictures on the tour page and you decide for yourself.
Off to Mount Rushmore tomorrow and then breaking form the tour for my trip home.

This message was edited by FrankM-RG5 on 6-27-13 @ 10:37 PM

FrankM-RG5    -- 06-28-2013 @ 4:16 AM
  It is late and tomorrow starts the trip home. I was not going to do this but I know how everyone looks forward to it.
This morning started with Bob and I getting an early start out of Worland as we had a big mountain to cross and wanted to do it before it got too hot. Not too far out of Worland I stopped for some pictures and Bob pulled in behind me and his car died. After much investigation we discovered the float valve leaking on the front carburetor. It was an easy fix and we were on our way. Many in the group stopped and Dick stayed to help us. A motorhome came by and offered the ladies some comfort. Interesting people as they had been living out of it for 11 years now.
After Bob got going we continued to climb to 9600 feet. Got some photo ops and started the descent into Buffalo. We gassed up there and headed o Gillette for lunch.
After lunch we went east on 90 for a bit before heading off up to Devil's Tower.
After getting a few photos there we were off to Custer and the Rocket Motel for the night.
We had dinner in the Buglin' Bull and Arel had a test to see how well we knew our tour companions. Bill and I came in first and I won a can of Road Kill Grill seasonings.
The ride today and views were spectacular. I will let you meander through the pictures on the tour page and you decide for yourself.
Off to Mount Rushmore tomorrow and then breaking form the tour for my trip home.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97420130@N04/

DadsForty    -- 06-28-2013 @ 4:32 AM
  Thanks for taking the time to post. I have very much enjoyed the ride along with you all. Hope to participate one day....

Thanks,Rob

JM    -- 06-28-2013 @ 6:12 AM
  Frank and Fred, we will miss you guy's here on the tour. I enjoyed traveling with both of you. Hope to see you at the '14 ENM in Gettysburg, PA.

John

This message was edited by JM on 6-28-13 @ 6:14 AM

JM    -- 06-28-2013 @ 4:46 PM
  Frank and Fred, we will miss you guy's here on the tour. I enjoyed travel with both of you. Hope to see you at the '14 ENM in Gettysburg, PA.

John

oldford2    -- 06-28-2013 @ 5:25 PM
  Frank and John, why wait till Gettysburg? Get together again at the Flathead PA tour Phil (Trainguy) is putting together for the end of Sept.
John

VeryTangled/JeffH    -- 06-28-2013 @ 6:44 PM
  Hey Frank and Fred and JM, and Ariel and everyone else too!

I have read every word, and looked at every picture several times. Picture 3323 priceless, Frank with snowball! The first day, I didn't dig the driver's perspective shots, but taken as a seven thousand mile journey, I'm really liking each shot you've snapped while rolling through the USA!

Best wishes for smooth roads ahead.

Untold stories exist. Top not the only thing lost.

I have scheduled time off for the trainguy tour, hooray. Just refurbed the Phaeton today (inventorying 1/5 the parts and tools y'all are lugging across mountains and rivers and valleys and repeat).

-VT/Jeff

This message was edited by VeryTangled/JeffH on 6-28-13 @ 7:26 PM

JM    -- 06-29-2013 @ 9:11 AM
  Jeff & John, I am planning to do the PA tour. I don't know if we can get Frank down for that one though.:)

John

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6234