Topic: Grand Tour June 13

FrankM-RG5    -- 06-13-2013 @ 11:26 PM
  Today took us south on Route 191 into Price, Utah where we will spend the night. I have put a few pictures on Facebook during the day but internet has not been all that great here for uploading pictures. I will try and see what I can do. The scenery was so beautiful and changing on the whole ride. I could have taken a picture every 1000 feet and it would not have been enough. The last part of the road went through a canyon that was breathtaking. Our highest point was over 9000 feet. The car felt a little anemic but otherwise ran well. There were a few little issues with vapor lock and one incident we thought was vapor lock but was a flooded engine. Note: If you add gas to the carburetor of a flooded engine it still will not start. I believe the Pink Flaming also suffered a fuel pump problem and one member had a minor electrical problem with the overdrive kick down switch.
Everyone went out to eat together and afterwards I did laundry and washed the car. Tomorrow will take us to Ely Nevada. According to a friend we should have a spectacular ride the rest of the state. I will try to put up pics but like I said it is slow uploading here.

One highlight of the trip is that the cars attract people and I have been fortunate enough to talk to them about the area they live in. In the Laundromat I talked with someone that worked on a drilling rig. They have machines specifically for their clothes. "Greasy and miner's clothes only" said the signs. He showed me his jeans he took out of the dryer. I do not even let my old rags get that dirty.

I will post link tomorrow. Pics are on Facebook page Early Ford V8 Tour Across America.

JM    -- 06-14-2013 @ 5:51 AM
  Frank, you have WAY too much energy. After dinner and the walk back to the hotel I fell asleep with the TV remote in my hand. It's tough getting old .

John

FrankM-RG5    -- 06-14-2013 @ 6:02 AM
  Ok try this link. I cannot figure out how to just link to a set of pictures.

JM There aint no rest for the wicked

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97420130@N04/page1/

nelsb01    -- 06-14-2013 @ 6:34 AM
  Frank;
Those large wooden things along side the road are snow fences. Here in the midwest we need them to keep the roads somewhat open. Year around!!!!

trjford8    -- 06-14-2013 @ 6:43 AM
  JM, I fall asleep every night with the remote! If you have enough time when you get to Ely you should ride the steam train. Hwy 50 is a great ride. Almost no traffic. Looks like everyone is having a great time. Check on Padovano. Tell him he's supposed to be in the car, not under it!

This message was edited by trjford8 on 6-14-13 @ 6:51 AM

40cpe    -- 06-14-2013 @ 10:15 AM
  Frank, I know it requires a great effort to post these pictures for us to enjoy. I'm enjoying them and thank you for doing it.

Gene

CaliforniaBorn36    -- 06-14-2013 @ 10:49 AM
  Frank, thanks for all the updates, looks like you are all having a great time? I was out for a quick ride this morning in Castro Valley, CA and came across a Historic Lincoln Highway marker, so I am with you all in spirit.

Enjoy the trip, and safe travels to everyone.

This message was edited by CaliforniaBorn36 on 6-14-13 @ 10:49 AM

VeryTangled/JeffH    -- 06-14-2013 @ 4:38 PM
  Hey Frank! I'm keeping up with all your posts. Some of those photos are priceless! See you Sunday! I'd love to get a ride in your car.

-VT/Jeff

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=6174