Topic: Wheel Vintiques - a BAD supplier

tommorookian    -- 04-20-2013 @ 4:07 AM
  I know this is really for the "hot rodders" but there are some of those guys who regularly read the posts here.

Wheel Vintiques- a BAD supplier

So one of the "smoothies" I bought (Thru Summit Racing) turned out to be out of round and impossible to balance. Apparently the lug/hub holes are out of orientation to the rim of the wheel.

Summit racing was very nice about it and sold me a replacement wheel "at cost" and they paid the freight. GOOD GUYS. They gave me the Wheel Vintiques phone number to see how to return the wheel.

Called WV 11 times! Yes, 11 times and never got to talk to a real person. Just voicemail that says "leave a message and we'll call you back". NO RESPONSE. They never call back. I went to their website and left them an email. NO RESPONSE.

So, I'm out $80 bucks and just wanted to RANT!

I'm posting here and on every other car website I can find. I'll even send them a copy.

Be careful guys.

tommorookian    -- 05-24-2013 @ 5:09 AM
  So I got my new wheel from WheelVintiques through Summit racing. Took it to my tire guy who checked it out for balance and runout. All OK. Painted it and mounted the tire.

Then I tried putting on the baby moon hubcap. HUH, it's the same model number wheel, same 16" diameter, but now the center section where the hubcap mounts is 8" instead of 7.5" like the old wheel.

So now I get to buy a new 8" hubcap and I'll have 3 of one diameter and 1 of another.

Just wanted to RANT!

80artk    -- 05-25-2013 @ 3:23 PM
  A few years ago I wanted to buy some wheels from Wheel Vintiques because I was impressed by their website. I contacted someone there and asked for information regarding "reversed wheels" and offsets along with price list. They said they would send the information.
They sent me a catalog only. No information about price or offset nor reversed rims.
So I just bought some wheels from Stockton Wheel Co. later with offsets and reversed and rims. Good wheels but they are no longer in business.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5946