Topic: 8ba fuel pump rod/bush availability

37coop    -- 04-04-2013 @ 1:09 PM
  h*llo regarding my recent u.k import 51 truck ..8ba ENGINE ,,.i,m looking to convert it from electric pump(i,ll keep it on as backup)to original manual,i,v got a pump and the pump tower /stand but i cant seem to get the pushrod or rod bush ,i,v tried carpenter ,c&g, drake, spadaro and although with some they are listed in the catalogue they are now not available ,any ideas ? as in my previous posts the electric pump appears to be too powerfull and floods the carb ,following advice i,v ordered a fuel pressure regulator and i am waiting for delivery,if anybody has these items for sale and would post to the u.k that would be great , many thanks ...jim.

51f1    -- 04-04-2013 @ 2:31 PM
  I never would have guessed that would be a problem. Try Job Lot in New York City. They may have some NOS stuff.

Richard

Big Red 51    -- 04-05-2013 @ 7:21 AM
  Jim, Dennis Carpenter has the 8BA-9400A, push rod in stock today(5 April) and the bushing, 8BA-6025. You should be able to order. I got them about 2 months ago and are of good quality. I ended up not needing the bushing which is not easy to replace.
Good Luck, Don

supereal    -- 04-06-2013 @ 2:43 PM
  The number I have for the 49-53 fuel pump push rod is EAB-9400, 10 1/16", $15 at C&G. (800/266-0470). Unless the bushing is missing or worn, I wouldn't change it. When the stock pump is removed, the bushing hole may be plugged, or the rod is left in place. The opening goes directly to the camshaft, and without a rod or a plug, the oil pressure will be affected. Removing or installing the bushing takes some special tools, such as a slide hammer.

37coop    -- 04-07-2013 @ 7:56 AM
  HELLO FOLKS ...I,V BEEN AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS AND JUST LOOKED AT MY POST , I WILL PHONE JOBLOT TOMORROW ...C&G HASNT GOT THE ROD IN STOCK AND CANT PUT A DATE ON GETTING ANY ,AT THE MOMENT NO POINT IN BUYING THE BUSH WITHOUT THE ROD ,THE PUMP OPENING IN THE MANIFOLD WAS AND IS BLOCKED OFF AND I GOT NOTHING FROM THE SELLER OF MY TRUCK REGARDING PUMP, ROD ,BUSH......THANKS DON .I ORDERED A ROD AND BUSH WITH SOME BOOKS EARLY LAST WEEK AND OF 7 ITEMS I ORDERED ONLY 2 WAS AVAILABLE ,I WAS TOLD THE ROD IS OUT OF STOCK AND WONT BE AVAILABLE IN THE NEAR FUTURE,I WILL CONTACT THEM AGAIN TOMORROW TO SEE IF THEY HAVE APPEARED,I WAS TOLD THAT THE 2 AVAILABLE ITEMS TO SEND TO THE U.K, SHIPPING WOULD COST 3 TIMES THE VALUE OF THE ITEMS SO WITHOUT THE ROD I DIDNT BOTHER,WHEN I GET THE ROD AND BUSH I WILL PROBABLY GET BACK ON HERE TO GET ADVICE ON FITTING ,IT DOESNT APPEAR TO BE AS SIMPLE AS I THOUGHT ,AND CARPENTER DIDNT HAVE THE 48-52 TRUCK MAINTAINANCE BOOK IN STOCK ,AGAIN MANY THANKS ....JIM.

39 Ken    -- 04-07-2013 @ 9:35 AM
  Ken CT. has the fuel pump pushrod and bushing.
email is:
igadore@sbcglobal.net

37coop    -- 04-07-2013 @ 11:44 AM
  thanks ken,i,v sent them an email which they will hopefully receive tomorrow,fingers crossed ,i,m sure i will find one eventually, thanks again ...jim.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5898