Topic: Seat Belts

DadsFord    -- 03-15-2013 @ 8:33 AM
  What are the options for installing seat belts in a 1938 Ford 2 Door Deluxe Sedan

Taz

ford38v8    -- 03-15-2013 @ 10:06 AM
  Taz, the EFV8CA Judging Standards allow seatbelts as a safety item, with only one caveat: Seatbelts, if installed, must be properly installed and usable as intended.

As that alllows a pretty wide latitude, it is advised and reccomended that the belts be of a vintage type rather than modern.

Alan

supereal    -- 03-15-2013 @ 7:40 PM
  When installing seat belts, fasten the anchors to the body only, not to the frame. This is to recognize that in collisions, it is typical for the body of older vehicles to be separated from the frame. This can turn the belts into a sort of strangling device. We use large "fender washers" to hold the anchors securely. Belts are particularly important in open cars for obvious reasons.

nelsb01    -- 03-15-2013 @ 9:05 PM
  If you purchase the belts from a person that specializes in selling belts, then you will also get the bolts, nuts and washers that are needed for installation.
Remember to drill a pilot hole before drilling the final hole in the floor. And also, cut an X in the carpet were the pilot hole is, so that you won't start unraveling the carpet threads with the drill.
And if you still have questions, at the next car show check around and see what others have done.

carcrazy    -- 03-15-2013 @ 9:24 PM
  A good source for seat belts which come with the required mounting hardware is LeBaron Bonney. They offer two types: the push button ones which I have used and prefer, and the lift latch type. They are available in a variety of colors to enable a close match with your interior.

woodiewagon46    -- 03-16-2013 @ 12:46 PM
  I put seat belts in my 46 woodie and I purchased them from Julianos, 800-300-1932, www.julianos.com. They offer many color choices and an optional mounting kit.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5826