Topic: Ford Laboratory Test Set help

Meric42    -- 02-25-2013 @ 1:05 PM
  I attended an auction on Saturday and bought a Ford Laboratory Test Set model 'H-1'.

Whilst being quite dirty and having some surface corrosion it appears to be in reasonably sound condition otherwise.

It is however missing a couple of knobs and one rheostat so I am looking to contact anyone that may be able to help me with spare parts and possibly a manual so that I might be able to restore mine back to a fully functioning condition.

Thanks for any help or leads anybody can provide.

Meric.

As you can see by the attached pic a good clean is the first task and is now under way

supereal    -- 02-25-2013 @ 2:36 PM
  Contacr Bob Masters. His e-mail is rmasters3@home.com Phone"800/385-5811. We have used him for our Sun machines, and he services other types. He probabaly has a manual for your machine.

trjford8    -- 02-26-2013 @ 10:00 AM
  You might also contact the Early Ford V-8 Foundation as they have some test sets and they may be able to copy a manual for you. They may also have the additional parts you need on an old set. Go to; www.fordv8foundation.org.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 2-26-13 @ 10:02 AM

37RAGTOPMAN    -- 02-27-2013 @ 6:02 AM
  That FORD test set is a HEYER, made in NUTLEY N,J.in 1938
I have the same unit,only missing the bottom cabinet,
[ sheet metal which can be made ] but has the rectifier, all manuals,also the test procedure manual, missing the FORD sign,
its all for sale,if interested , send a P M .,
Hope this helps 37 RAGTOPMAN

Meric42    -- 02-27-2013 @ 12:02 PM
  PM sent, Thanks.

Meric42    -- 02-28-2013 @ 10:31 AM
  Supereal, thanks for the referral but It would appear that Bob Masters is no longer at the phone number you gave me and I have had no reply to an e-mail I sent several days ago, so I wonder if he is actually still doing business at all?? Your help is appreciated.

supereal    -- 02-28-2013 @ 11:04 AM
  I took his number from my Rolodex. The latest phone I have is 859/441-6119. Email: Rmasters3@fuse.net He has been around for a long time. We bought parts for the vacuum part of our Sun machine some time ago. I may have given you an old address. Check to see if this one is more current. My list of vendors and services is large, and I don't usually update it unless it isn't operative. I'd hate to see him go out of business because we rely on our machines, and he was always able to help us.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5772