Topic: Clutch/Brake Arm Bumpers

Steves46    -- 02-10-2013 @ 4:31 AM
  With regards to the cushion bumpers that slide over the brake and clutch pedals (P/Ns 91A-2476 & 7527), which side comes in contact with the floorboard? The flat or raised side. The green bible shows this part but it's not clear. Many thanks. Steve

kubes40    -- 02-10-2013 @ 5:56 AM
  The raised side goes toward the board.
Please don't forget the parts book were illustrated for easier parts location within the text. One must NOT rely these illustrations for anything more than that.

Steves46    -- 02-10-2013 @ 11:35 AM
  Kube, thank you very much. Steve

Old Henry    -- 02-10-2013 @ 4:33 PM
  Just in case I don't understand which side of the bumper you call flat and which side you call raised I'll offer this photo of my clutch pedal pad that I would say has the flat surface hitting the underside of the floorboard. Note that this is the bumper that has some of the left side cut away as pictured so as to clear a body part when the pedal is depressed to the floor. The brake pedal pad is a full pad without the cut-away. After this post with the photograph I'll post one with the Green Bible diagram that shows the clutch pad with the cutaway.

(Sorry. I forgot to shrink the photo so it's pretty big but still shows what I'm talking about.)

Old Henry
(The older I get, the better old looks.)

This message was edited by Old Henry on 2-10-13 @ 4:50 PM

Old Henry    -- 02-10-2013 @ 4:35 PM
  Here's the Green Bible diagram showing the orientation of the clutch pedal pad and the cutaway side.

Old Henry

Old Henry    -- 02-10-2013 @ 4:46 PM
  Here's the Green Bible diagram of the brake pedal showing what I would call the bumper "flare" toward the floorboard. Not a real accurate representation of how the bumper actually looks (that really looks just like the clutch pad but without the cutaway part) but does indicate the orientation of the "flare".

Old Henry

This message was edited by Old Henry on 2-10-13 @ 5:03 PM

40 Coupe    -- 02-11-2013 @ 4:41 AM
  "flat" and "raised" what sides are these???
One side of the seal is smaller than the other, I believe the larger side goes to the wood toe board (see Old Henry photo). The seals can be rotated 180 degrees on the pedal after install so the seal covers the entire hole in the toe board and clears obstructions there is no need to trim them.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5711