Topic: "bug" placement '36 Wind wing

Henryat1140    -- 01-22-2013 @ 5:48 AM
  We're now ready to apply the logo bug to our wind wings using the Nacewicz etching kit.

We're uncertain as to location. Below is a picture from the '35-'36 book which (we think) shows the logo in the lower outer corner. It is hard to see for sure.

We also have another picture showing the logo more near the front edge of the wind wing, and another member has that logo placement on his car as well. I have also seen an original car with he logo approx. placed as in example 2.

If you have a 35 or 36 with the bug in the wind wing could you please advise where the logo is placed on the wind wing. Measurements from the edges would help too.

Also, we _think_ the logo should be parallel to the top of the door line rather than perpendicular to the front edge of the wind wing - which would tilt it back. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any assistance

Henry/Jeff

Henryat1140    -- 01-22-2013 @ 5:49 AM
  Here is the second picture

TomO    -- 01-22-2013 @ 9:02 AM
  Henry, contact Don Rogers, he wrote the book on the 35,36 Fords.

Tom

Henryat1140    -- 01-22-2013 @ 4:13 PM
  Re: Don Rogers

He's been a help to us several times in the past, and I realize he's busy, so I just hate to keep asking him questions. I figure if he's got the time he'll chime in.

If not, surely there are members w/ Phaetons or Roadsters who could look on their wind wings and let us know what the "bug" logo placement is.

Thanks in advance.

Henry/Jeff

supereal    -- 02-01-2013 @ 6:21 PM
  "Bugs" on Ford glass have been a topic of discussion for years.. In practice, the bugs were placed on glass as they came down a line in the glass plant. Whichever side was facing up got the etched bug. This meant some were inside, while others ended on the outside. The date codes reflect the time of manufacture of the glass, not the vehicle. They are akin to serial number stampings. Where they are, and how positioned, depended upon the worker assigned the task that day.

Henryat1140    -- 02-10-2013 @ 6:24 PM
  We got a response from Don Rogers consisting of an enlargement of the photo on page 14 of the '36 book. It clearly shows the bug in the lower outer corner. So that's where we put it.

Just in case others would want to know in the future.

Henry/Jeff

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5646