Topic: "40 heater install

'40Tudor    -- 01-04-2013 @ 11:27 AM
  I have a "restored" '40 Tudor. A heater is present and appears to be in god condition. However, it is not plumbed nor is it wired, and there is no switch. Someone sent me a link to a wiring diagram, but I still have no infor re plumbing the heater to the water system, and haave no switch. Can anyone help or provide info on an aftermarket syste? I don't think I'm going to be competing in concourse competitions.

supereal    -- 01-04-2013 @ 2:47 PM
  Plumbing is simple. One side of the heater core is connected by a hose to a hose nipple on the passenger side cylinder head, and the return goes to a nipple that is inserted in the right lower radiator hose. C&G shows the valve and connector for the head as 91A-15142, $20. The lower hose nipple assembly is 91A-15160, $15. If your heater also has defroster outlets, they carry the both the hose for that, as well as a heater hose and clamp kit. Also, they show the heater hose brackets as 91A-15151/2. Their order line is 800/266-0470. C&G doesn't show a switch, but the last one I bought came from Drake, 91A-18457. 800/221-3673. Usually, the heater was a dealer installed accessory. Before you drill the firewall for the hoses, be sure there will be sufficient clearance around the engine for the hoses. Most heaters require some spacers on the mounting bolts to place them even with the firewall. If you don't plan to use the car in colder weather, installing a heater is probably not worth the cost and trouble.

TomO    -- 01-05-2013 @ 8:26 AM
  If you have an original heater, you can usually pick up a heater switch on E-Bay. Look for one similar to item Number 150943801701.

C&G also sells the clamps that hold the hoses to the wiring conduits. This includes a diagram of how to install and route the hoses.

If you need any more assistance, I can help out with drawings for the switch wiring and hose routing.

Tom

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5587