Topic: 36 3 Window Body Wood

Rono    -- 12-19-2012 @ 5:01 PM
  Hello;
This is my first of many posts on this forum as I will be purchasing a 36 3 window Coupe Body with doors and a few other parts this Saturday. Is there any source for 36 3 Window Body wood that you can point me too? I've searched but can't find anything.

Thanks,
Rono in Newport, Maine

trjford8    -- 12-20-2012 @ 6:59 AM
  If you are a V-8 Club member there are wood suppliers that advertise in the V-8 Times. One company is Woodart in Manteca, California ph# 209-239-1530

Rono    -- 12-20-2012 @ 9:11 AM
  Thanks for that information. I will give them a call. Is the V-8 Times an on-line publication or a magazine you subscribe for? Like I said, I'm brand new to this forum so excuse my ignorance. I have a 1956 Ford Customline Hardtop and I'm a member of the CVA and will be joining the V-8 club as well.

supereal    -- 12-20-2012 @ 3:33 PM
  The V8 TIMES comes as a benefit of Club membership. It is not online (yet), but the club dues are worth this fine publication, alone. As a long time restorer, I have usually duplicated the body wood myself, with the exception of the windshield header, in most cases. If you have the original pieces, they make excellent patterns, even if in poor shape. It often requires more cutting and fitting, even with the pieces sold by vendors. Welcome to the Club. There are no dumb questions here, although some of our answers may qualify.

trjford8    -- 12-20-2012 @ 7:14 PM
  Rono, you can join the club on-line on the front page of this site or by calling 1-866-427-7583. Dues are $35 a year and you get 6 issues of the V-8 Times magazine plus a roster of members. The V-8 Times is worth the price of admission. The roster lists members by state so you can look up members in your state who may live near you and possibly help you with your project.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5539