Topic: Another one backm on the road!

Flatbob    -- 01-02-2010 @ 4:45 PM
  Took nearly 15 years but finally complete. It was a nice day and thought I would try out the new camera. I did a complete frame off restoration; the only departure from stock is the hydraulic brakes I added. It runs well with no overheating problems; the steering could be better but I guess that's the way it was in the day. Wish I knew how to post multiple pictures.

ford38v8    -- 01-02-2010 @ 5:37 PM
  Bob, that's as pretty as they get! -If it were mine, I'd put it up in the Gallery on this website. (There aren't any '36 Sedans there now)

Alan

Wolfie    -- 01-02-2010 @ 5:41 PM
  That is a beautiful car. Great restoration!

Flatbob    -- 01-02-2010 @ 7:49 PM
  Alan, thanks for the compliment; took your advice & posted to the Gallery. Bob

Flatbob    -- 01-02-2010 @ 7:51 PM
  Wolfie, thank you for the compliment, much appreciated. Bob

w1spurgeon    -- 01-03-2010 @ 5:22 AM
  Bob - That is one great looking car. Mine is the same year/model and I hope someday it will look as good as yours. I built a Ford screen-saver and when the computer is inactive it plays a slideshow of restored and hot rod '36 sedans. I'm adding your pic today.

Flatbob    -- 01-03-2010 @ 7:49 AM
  W1spurgeon, thanks. Nice to know the car made the "big screen!"

trjford8    -- 01-03-2010 @ 8:19 AM
  Bob, great car, I'm especially fond of flatback sedans.

Flatbob    -- 01-03-2010 @ 11:43 AM
  Trj, thank you, Bob

deluxe40    -- 01-03-2010 @ 12:26 PM
  Nice looking car!

For sharing multiple images, try a service like Photobucket.com. It's easy to upload images and it's free. Here's an example:

http://s435.photobucket.com/albums/qq79/deluxe40/41%20Sedan%20Delivery/

Try the slideshow!

Flatbob    -- 01-03-2010 @ 3:51 PM
  40 Deluxe, thanks for the compliment. My original intent
was to get a sedan delivery but couldn't find a suitable one at the time. What was your final engine choice? Bob

Flatbob    -- 01-03-2010 @ 3:52 PM
  40 Deluxe, thanks for the compliment. My original intent
was to get a sedan delivery but couldn't find a suitable one at the time. What was your final engine choice? Bob

deluxe40    -- 01-03-2010 @ 5:30 PM
  I chose the NOS flathead. It has about 700 miles now and it seems to be fine. After running on a test stand the compression was even at about 115. It holds about 70 lbs of oil pressure and runs for hours at 170-180 degrees. I thought it was a bit of a risk to use an engine assembled sixty some years ago, but it's working well so far. In contrast, some other things that were assembled at about the same time are definitely showing their age (e.g., me).

1952CustomlineBob    -- 01-03-2010 @ 6:57 PM
  WOW!!What a beauty!!

Flatbob    -- 01-08-2010 @ 8:00 PM
  Customline Bob, Thanks for the compliment

42wagon    -- 01-09-2010 @ 6:14 AM
  Bob
That's a great looking car and sure brings back memories.

My dad had the exact same car when I was a kid only his was green. It was during and just after WWII and when we went on trips he put an extra spare tire in the back seat. Getting luggage stored in the compartment behind the rear seat was a chore. I used to meet him at the corner when he came home from work and he let me drive it the rest of the way (steer it I suppose) sitting on his lap. We rented a cottage at the shore that still had an ice box that you put ice in. We would go down to the ice house for a block and bring it back riding between the front bumper and the radiator. We broke a front spring shackle on the Merritt Parkway and the car did a 180 and ended up in the median. In the winter when there was a snow storm instead of full tire chains we used mudhooks - small sections of chain with a canvas strap and buckle that threaded through the openings in the rim. The car wasn't new when my dad bought it and probably was worn out by the time he replaced with a brand new 1950 Ford.

Thanks for bringing back the memories.
Ted

Flatbob    -- 01-09-2010 @ 8:46 AM
  Ted, thanks for sharing those memories, I often wondered what memories & stories went along with my '36. I would like to think there was a young child that sat in their dad's lap also going down the road. Thanks, Bob

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=541