Topic: Nice Drive Yesterday

wrosenkrans    -- 11-04-2012 @ 8:57 AM
  First semi-sunny day after Sandy and took the '42 Tudor to a WWII event in Strasburg, PA, yesterday. 40 miles each way, so not a huge drive, but more than we'd had her on yet. Eleanor (all our cars are named) performed flawlessly. Wonderful set of exhibits and re-enactors there.

We have Eleanor set up as an American Red Cross Motor Corps vehicle with Motor Corp medallions on the front and rear, period inspection and ration stickers, plus I recently had her registered with a '42 plate. I was in my 20th Air Force flight engineers uniform and my wife and daughter in their Motor Corps uniforms. The girls had a nice display of Motor Corps information, period pictures of Motor Corps girls in action, and actual log books from one of the Motor Corps girls driving in Boston.

I've attached a pic from the event..

Wonderful day out...

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

joe b    -- 11-05-2012 @ 6:20 AM
  Now THAT is one of the very good reasons we restore our cars.Way to go!

Gary M.    -- 11-05-2012 @ 6:07 PM
  I would love to take my 39 out for a spin ,however ,the streets are littered with trees and branches and I had to siphon all the gas out of all the unused cars to fuel my generator. Yes I live on Long Island. There are gas wars and shortages. There is another storm coming Thursday which will only worsen things. The president of our local Ford v8 club was away in N.C. during Sandy an returned to find his garage crushed and his 35 fordor flattened! I hope the tankers can bring us more gas soon so that I dont have to keep waiting on 3 hr lines for a tank of gas. Im keeping a positive outlook because I got off easy with only a 7 day loss of power. Others lost everything! Im still looking forward to that ride in my v8 but not for at least a few weeks. Please pray for those who need it most.

wrosenkrans    -- 11-06-2012 @ 6:58 AM
  We got off really lightly where we are. Heartbreaking to read about what those in Jersey and Long Island are having to deal with. The best, and worst, in human behavior - and a noreaster moving in tonight.

Wayne & Barb
'42 Super De Luxe Tudor

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5380