Topic: Ford dealer clock

Woodman    -- 10-25-2012 @ 7:14 PM
  Looking for information on what is described to me as a dealer clock from the 30s, given to dealers based on their sales? In an oak case about 18 inches square. I am buying contents of an estate and would like to know more and it's value. It is in excellent shape. Made in mass.

trjford8    -- 10-26-2012 @ 7:23 PM
  If it's genuine Ford and American made it's probably worth quite a bit. One way to find out is to list it on e-Bay with a real high reserve.You'll get a pretty good idea of value from the bids you receive. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

40 Coupe    -- 10-27-2012 @ 4:56 AM
  In the 30's Ford had several different Neon clocks which usually show up at dealerships. Clocks were popular as awards as well as advertisement. It would be best to add a picture of the clock to your question. The printing on the face, multi bright colors of the face and Neon add to value. Ford had sales contest through many of the years in the 30's also. There are also reproductions of the early Ford clocks that still have value but not the value of an original.

Woodman    -- 10-29-2012 @ 6:15 PM
  I guess that you people are trying to help, but honestly, if you don't know nothing then say nothing. I know as much now as i did when I posted. Zero. I do not own it so I can't post a picture, which is why I need a value. And I don't want to sell it so why Ebay? Thanks for nothing. And I did not say it was neon, it's not.

trjford8    -- 10-29-2012 @ 6:58 PM
  You said you wanted to establish a value. If you are buying the contents of an estate and want to keep the clock then why did you ask the question wanting to know the value? Most people that want a value on an item usually intend to re-sell it.
You might have given us more information such as the logo on the clock(early/late, script or block letters, etc), size of the logo, the maker of the clock(made in Mass doesn't tell us a lot) and does it work or not. Not having a photo does not help the situation.
After chastising us for trying to give some information on how to estableih a value, I frankly will not offer any further advice, even if I find another clock that would solve your mystery.I recommend that you move on to another site that may be of more value to you.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5341