Topic: Stolen 50 conv parts..replace?

Grant    -- 10-09-2012 @ 3:39 PM
  We are running an EFV8 Parts Wanted ad on the club website, trying to find a source anywhere in North America to replace parts for our 1950 convertible that were stolen from the storage building here :

1. complete convertible top assembly

2. upper and lower sections of rear seat

3. both doors

So far, there is no response at all to the ad.

All were in excellent restored condition.

Do any of you fellow members know where such parts might be found ?

trjford8    -- 10-09-2012 @ 8:15 PM
  Try the Shoebox Ford website. I think it is;www.shoeboxford.com. The deal strictly in 49-51 Ford parts. I'm not sure where you live , but you might also call Jerry Lew in California. He's listed in the roster and has some parts and possibly sources for those parts you need.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 10-10-12 @ 8:39 AM

supereal    -- 10-11-2012 @ 6:13 AM
  I'd be watching for ads offering these items for sale. It seems odd that so much would be taken, as without the remaining half of the car, they are not much use. Either the thief has a car in need, or simply found them and took them. Unless they can be recovered, locating all of them will be certainly expensive. It took me five years to find all needed for my convertible, and the list wasn't that long. I assume you provided a detailed list to the authorities. I once had a snowblower stolen from my tractor. I told the authorities that the machine had an unusual modification that we made. It was found in an adjoining state and returned because of this feature, so be sure to include any and all details. It greatly improves the odds of recovery.

This message was edited by supereal on 10-11-12 @ 6:18 AM

Grant    -- 10-13-2012 @ 6:43 AM
  Thank you Trjford 8 and Supereal.

I already have a Parts Wanted ad running on the Shoeboxford site.

The missing '50 convertible parts......and a lot of other vintage stuff from the storage building.......are all going to be somewhat difficult to locate and probably expensive to replace.

Members in California may prove to be an excellent source.

The body sh*ll and chassis are undergoing a frame-off restoration at a friend's body shop 150 miles away.

The police think.......and so do I.......that the thieves knew exactly what they wanted, with the intention of selling everything at automotive flea markets.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5295