Topic: 1941 Super Deluxe Coupe

1934 Ford    -- 10-08-2012 @ 11:52 AM
  I've been asked by a friend to help him sell his 1941 Ford Coupe. I'm a 1934 guy and even thought I owned a 41 twice in my life, I'm not prepared to offer him advice on asking price.
As soon as he sends me pictures, I'll list it on the Club Classifid site. I know the car from the many Glidden Tours it's participated in. It's a real nice older restoration with fender skirts. I know he's added A/C, 12 Volt Electric,and 15" wheels with radial tires, but the rest is stock. He has the original wheels caps & rings.
He says the engine has a 3/4 race cam shaft and that gives it the boost to power both the car and the A/C.
Any suggestions as where to start price wise?

ford38v8    -- 10-08-2012 @ 1:41 PM
  Paul, Time was, the '41 was undervalued as the '40 was overvalued. The '40 is still very much favored, but the '41 has come into its own now. A good driver should fetch a good price, even though it has that ugly stain on the front passenger fender. (;

Alan

trjford8    -- 10-10-2012 @ 8:58 AM
  It looks like a sedan coupe which adds to the value. Only seeing the one photo is tough to place a number on the car, but if it's straight and rust free it should bring between $18,000-$23,000.

1934 Ford    -- 10-22-2012 @ 6:09 PM
  Thanks guys, my thoughts exactly. Will list in classified soon.
Paul

supereal    -- 10-23-2012 @ 12:31 PM
  I believe Tom is in the right range, perhaps a bit optimistic, according to the best price guides I use. Bear in mind that the higher prices are usually paid for unmodifed cars. There is nothing wrong with A/C or voltage conversion, etc, but anyone hoping to present the vehicle as original will be disappointed. Same is true of engine mods, such as a "3/4 race" cam. Without the specs of the cam, it doesn't mean much, and can mean other unseen non stock alterations. The collector car market is very soft, currently, due to the economy, so I'd be surprised if it would bring a sale much above the low teens, but good luck.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5284