Topic: Trip to San Francisco

dicky    -- 07-30-2012 @ 11:50 AM
  I will be taking a trip to San Francisco the first week of September. My wife and I will be staying at the Hilton at Union Sq. Are there any events or places I need to go concering Ford Flathead V8's while I am out there, like musems and stuff. My wife will be in a conference so I have a lot of time on my hands.

CharlieStephens    -- 07-30-2012 @ 12:08 PM
  Not car related but I always enjoy the Muir Woods National Monument just north of San Francisco. It is a must if you have never seen the big redwood trees.

Charlie Stephens

Stroker    -- 07-30-2012 @ 3:26 PM
  dicky: If you're an EV8CA member, you could check out Bay-Area members in the Roster.
I'm sure some of them could point you in the right direction, and maybe even accompany you. Most of us are pretty familiar with local stuff, and I'm sure there are plenty of
interesting EV8 locations in "Frisco" (sorry Alan).

ford38v8    -- 07-30-2012 @ 5:35 PM
  Dan, I was born in Frisco, you can't insult me!

Dicky, if you go to Miur Woods without your wife, she'll never forgive you. Advice on that: Get there very early or very late as the parking is very limited. Don't forget your Golden Passport.

Alan

This message was edited by ford38v8 on 7-30-12 @ 5:35 PM

nelsb01    -- 07-31-2012 @ 6:24 AM
  Hey -- transportation stuff--- cable cars. And get down to Fisherman's Wharf and find the old street cars to ride on. Most of those have been rescued from cities that were too dumb to know a what a good thing they had -- and tore it up anyway.
And then there is Golden Gate Park, Alcatraz Island, and drive through the Presidio.
Hey, I dont even live there, but I remember places that caught my interest the last time I was there.

fomocoloco    -- 07-31-2012 @ 7:07 AM
  May you boil in oil or fry in Crisco, if you ever call San Francisco, Frisco.

weezer

weezer

weezer

trjford8    -- 07-31-2012 @ 7:52 AM
  We always called it "The City" when we went down to visit relatives. Another good place to visit is the zoo.

dicky    -- 07-31-2012 @ 8:08 AM
  THank yopu all for some good places to see. Keep them coming.

MG    -- 07-31-2012 @ 9:26 AM
  San Fransicko is populated by 'flatheads'. :o)

Seriously, you might be interested in visiting the Academy of Art University Classic Automobile Museum. Information can be found at their web site:

http://www.academyautomuseum.org/

This message was edited by MG on 7-31-12 @ 10:06 AM

ford38v8    -- 07-31-2012 @ 2:17 PM
  Weezer... What are you, Herb Caen's grandson?
It's San Fran, The City, Frisco, 'cross the bay, even call it by a specific neighborhood, but nobody calls it San Francisco!

Alan

Stroker    -- 07-31-2012 @ 3:01 PM
  As a SoCal native, we always called SFRAN (Navy designation): "Frisco", in all fairness,
we also called San Bernardino "Berdoo", San Diego (and the dropped Ford front axle) "Dago", and Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río de Porciúncula: "LA" Maybe we saw too many re-runs of the attached movie:

This message was edited by Stroker on 7-31-12 @ 3:06 PM

ford38v8    -- 07-31-2012 @ 7:33 PM
  Dan, Socal and Norcal are two different states of mind. Socal is Lala Land and always will be. Betcha wish you were a Frisco native, right?

Us naturat born northers only regret is that La Jolla is not nestled into Drakes Bay where it should be.

Alan

MG    -- 07-31-2012 @ 7:58 PM
  San Fransicko is a Communist Front Organization......

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=5003