Topic: Coker Tire

silverchief    -- 06-10-2012 @ 7:31 PM
  Both myself and a close friend have had bad experiences buying from Coker Tire and absolutely refuse to go back.

Isn't there another company in the US where one can buy correct white wall tires for an antique car.

Big Red 51    -- 06-11-2012 @ 5:27 AM
  Chief,I ran a set of Coker Radials for 11 years and 12K miles with no weather cracks and the Wide Whites stayed white.
I have bought two sets of Diamond Back (www.dbtires.com) radials,WWW and have been very satisfied. The white walls are superior.
Don

TomO    -- 06-11-2012 @ 7:44 AM
  There are several vendors that sell tire to fit our cars. Sears, Universal, and Lucas are some of them. You can Google 'antique car tires' for them.

Tom

supereal    -- 06-11-2012 @ 9:38 AM
  Like others, I've had a problem with Coker, mostly due to rude and unhelpful treatment when a problem arose. Eventually it was straightened out, but left a less than good impression. I understand that Coker does, in fact, also own Universal Tire. Before you order tires from specialty vendors, check with a well established tire dealer in your area. That way, if there is a problem, you are more likely to get it fixed without a hassle.

silverchief    -- 06-11-2012 @ 4:41 PM
  Thanks for helpful suggestions.

Will do.

silverchief    -- 06-11-2012 @ 4:42 PM
  Thanks for helpful suggestions.

Will do.

trjford8    -- 06-12-2012 @ 7:47 AM
  I would go with the Diamondback tires. I've seen less than satisfactory quality of the Coker tires. My neighbor switched to using Diamondbacks and is very happy with the quality of their tires.

Old Henry    -- 06-13-2012 @ 5:50 PM
  I reviewed this thread to buy two 600-16 bias ply 3 1/2" whitewalls for my car. As far as I could tell, Diamondback only sold radials and all of the other sources sold what I needed for more than Coker so I bought from them again. This will be the 5th set I've bought from them. One tire that went bad they replaced immediately with a shipping label to return the bad one cheerfully and without any problems.

Old Henry
(The older I get, the better old looks.)

This message was edited by Old Henry on 6-13-12 @ 5:51 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4778