Topic: Inspection needed on a 1933 in Mesa,Arizona

virgboss    -- 12-14-2009 @ 2:56 PM
  Hello,
I am trying to buy a 1933 Ford from a gentleman in Mesa Arizona. I live in Wisconsin so I was hoping to find someone from the V8 club that could do an inspection in the Mesa area. I can be contacted via email virgildawson@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks So Much,
Virgil

ford38v8    -- 12-14-2009 @ 5:38 PM
  Virgil, If you are a member of the EFV8CA, look up (in your Roster) the President of the Phoenix Regional Group # 37 and give him a call. I'm sure he will either know the car, or put you in touch with another member who knows it.

Alan

virgboss    -- 12-14-2009 @ 6:57 PM
  Alan,
Thanks for responding to my post. Unfortunately I am not a member so I don't have the ability to look up the presidents name and number. If someone out there would please let him know that I could use some help, it would be very helpful.
Thank You,
Virgil

trjford8    -- 12-14-2009 @ 8:06 PM
  Virgboss, one of the advantages of the V-8 Club is the roster of members listed by state. Right now if you were a member you would have instant acess to members in that area who could help you.
I believe the car you are looking at is listed on e-bay. I looked at those photos and can tell you that the seller is a dealer. I'm not saying that this is a bad car, but you can bet that you are paying a premium price for the car. In looking at the photos the car is an older restoration. It also appears that the locking hubcap on the spare may be a 32 rather than a 33. It's not a good photo so I use the word "appears". It definitely deserves an inspection before bidding on the car.
In the Phoenix area you can contact Bert Snyder at 480-820-1154. Bert is a long time V-8 Club member and is knowledgeable about V-8's.He will give you an accurate opinion of the vehicle if he is able to inspect it.
Just for info I would recommend that you join the V-8 Club.If you want to learn about Ford V-8's you will get your money's worth from the 6 issues a year of the V-8 Times magazine and the club roster. There's also cars for sale in our magazine. We have also published a great book on the 33-34 Fords which would help you a great deal with giving you some advanced knowledge when you look at one to purchase.

This message was edited by trjford8 on 12-14-09 @ 8:39 PM

virgboss    -- 12-15-2009 @ 4:29 AM
  Thank You trjford8 !
I spoke with Bert last night. He is a very nice man.
I will be joining the Club.
Take care
Virgil

trjford8    -- 12-15-2009 @ 7:26 AM
  Vingboss, you are welcome. Glad to have you as a new club member. You'll enjoy the magazine.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=445