Topic: '49-'51 clutch assembly

Flatbob    -- 02-13-2012 @ 2:36 PM
  At the end of the of the stamped steel t/o bearing arm there is a hole where the actuator rod passes through it there appears to be a conical shaped rubber grommet that sits in the pocket in the actuator arm; is that part being reproduced or is there a good substitute?

supereal    -- 02-14-2012 @ 9:48 AM
  The part you are looking for is called a "collar". I've attached a diagram of the clutch assembly to show the sequence of attachment. The part you need is likely available from a Ford dealer. I haven't seen it in other catalogs.

Flatbob    -- 02-14-2012 @ 10:33 AM
  Super, I didn't do a very good job in phrasing my question, what I really wanted to know is what went on the end of the rod attached to the equalizer bar. In the '49-'51 passenger car clutch assembly picture it looked to me like there was a rubber grommet and nut that went on the end of the bar as opposed to the adjusting nut and lock nut as shown in the truck clutch assembly. The release fork looks somewhat different for the truck than the passenger car, would both forks use the same adjusting & locking nuts? In the passenger car fork there is a depression where the adjusting nut would go, the truck fork appears to be a flat surface. In other words would I need a tapered nut like a wheel lug nut for the passenger release fork? Thanks, Bob

flathead4rd    -- 02-14-2012 @ 4:14 PM
  Bob; Any 49 to 51 that I ever worked on only had the crowned adjusting nut and a lock nut. Never have seen any type of bushing, etc.

supereal    -- 02-14-2012 @ 7:27 PM
  Unless I am mistaken, the diagram shows the dished end on the arm. The arm is the same for cars and pickups

Flatbob    -- 02-14-2012 @ 8:29 PM
  Flathead4rd, yes that's what I was trying to refer to, where do I get the "crowned" adjusting nut? Thanks, Bob

Flatbob    -- 02-14-2012 @ 8:40 PM
  Super, the passenger clutch release arm/fork as shown on the VanPelt site is different from the truck clutch release arm/fork that you posted, the parts that I'm interested in are the adjusting & locking nuts that go on the clutch adjustment rod; as someone described that adjusting nut is crowned. My question is where do I get one of those crowned nuts?

flathead4rd    -- 02-15-2012 @ 5:36 AM
  Call Chris at shoeboxford.com 1-800-732-6029. He should be able to help you.

Flatbob    -- 02-15-2012 @ 8:56 AM
  Thanks, called Shoebox, they have what I need.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4337