Topic: cant find rear inner fender patch 1934 fordor

missmaude    -- 02-05-2012 @ 5:29 PM
  Hi, I have hit a snag, I purchased two inner patch panels from Macs I knew they looked out when I seen them but decided to try and make them work, (with chicken foot pattern for tudor, coupe)
they aren't close enough to replace my dads 1934 fordor which is deeper and is flat (no chicken foot pattern)I would have to cut them up so much and add metal to make them wider they would be useless. does anyone know where I can get patch pieces new or used? ideas?

supereal    -- 02-06-2012 @ 9:45 AM
  The best selection of quality patch panels can be found in the C&G catalog. www.cgfordparts.com Looking at the photo you posted, it appears that you have enough solid metal to allow a body shop to cut back to unrusted areas to "stitch weld" a patch from stock. Many commercially available patch panels tend to be too light for the job. In places where curvature is a consideration, we have used junkyard pieces. If severe rust is found, whole floor pans may be called for. In any case, badly rusted bodies can be very expensive to repair unless you are experienced and can do the work yourself.

missmaude    -- 02-14-2012 @ 6:10 AM
  Thanks for the reply i'll try that CG site, the outer trim roll detail where the fender attaches is a bad spot i need most of the bead, and the very lower edge to the floor pan of course is missing but there is enough to pick up the shape, but I have nothing to locate the original holes for the fender bolts as the fenders too, are pretty poor on the inner bolt on edge locations, and the new fenders are enormously overpriced for the metal envolved. I'm going to try the lead free body solder on a few spots Have two new rockers from Mac's to install it'll look better with them on anyway. couldn't find the inner rockers so I'll have to patch them up too. gettin into a lot of work patchin.
Thanks very much, Cheers

trjford8    -- 02-14-2012 @ 8:26 AM
  You might try Howell Sheet Metal in Beaumont, Texas

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4308