Topic: 36 Ford seat adjustment lever

Larry Lange    -- 01-29-2012 @ 6:06 PM
  I'm looking for the correct seat-adjustment lever for my 36 Cabriolet. I have a lever that fits the seat frame but I can't connect the linkage pieces from the handle to the adjusting tracks because the lever turns the wrong way. The lever handle I have faces to the right side of the car. The one I need faces to the left, which will allow me to connect the linkage pieces to the correct spot on the back of the lever, so they'll move back and forth under the seat frame. The one I have only allows me to connect the left linkage and leaves no room for the one on the right side.

Anybody out there have what I'm looking for? Anybody know what model takes the lever I have?

Thanks!

Larry Lange, Puget Sound Regional Group, Seattle
twolanges@gmail.com
(206) 525-3678

G Tosel    -- 01-29-2012 @ 7:46 PM
  The photo is the seat pan upside down. Does your lever look like this one?

drkbp    -- 01-30-2012 @ 5:03 AM
  Larry,

The three window coupes for '35 and '36 should be the same as the cabriolet. I don't know if the club cabriolet is the same but others may be as well. The picture G put up is what mine on a '35 cabriolet looks like.

Ken in Texas

40 Coupe    -- 01-30-2012 @ 7:04 AM
  I have the RH one in my 35 Cabriolet (early) and a 34 Coupe. I see in the 36 hardware book the LH is pictured and is listed for 35 and 36 Cabriolet. I would only GUESS that in 35 a change was made to the part to change the direction of the handle. Either should work to withdraw the locking bars from the seat tracks. The 34 restoration book pictures the RH handle in their pictured cars. The P/N in the hardware book is 48-736840-B which would indicate there was a -A so the part appears to have been modified at sometime.

Larry Lange    -- 02-01-2012 @ 8:20 PM
  That's the one I'm looking for. If your lever has a spring strong enough to retract it, I'd be interested in acquiring the lever, spring and the two pieces of linkage.

Where are you located, are you interested in selling the parts and at what price?

Thanks for the picture.

Larry Lange, Puget Sound Regional Group
twolanges@gmail.com

Larry Lange    -- 02-01-2012 @ 8:44 PM
  I appreciate the info. Looks like I ended up with a 34 or early 35 version. Good candidate for the swap meet.

Larry Lange    -- 02-01-2012 @ 8:46 PM
  Just to be clear, I was addressing the purchase proposal to G. Tosel. Thanks.
Larry Lange

G Tosel    -- 02-02-2012 @ 5:40 PM
  Sorry, I do not have any parts only have photo for reference. Thanks, if I do find any parts I will let you know.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4276