Topic: Addition to the 1937 Book

TonyM    -- 01-19-2012 @ 9:21 PM
  While looking at the EFV8CA 1937 Book, I was able to identify two items that are listed as unidentified in a photo of Ford Accessories on page 6-3, Chapter VI, Accessories Chapter.

The caption for the photo reads: "... Second Row: [uncertain], [uncertain], ..."

After studying the image with a magnifying glass, I was able to identify the first "uncertain" item in the second row of accessories as a packaged cleaning cloth called "Get Un-Der Cloth". That is what it is says on the package with the phrase "It lifts the dust" at the bottom of the package.

The second "uncertain" item in row two appears to be one of those auto registration wallets that wrap around the steering column.

I am guessing that a small round item next to the registration wallet is a tire guage. This item is not mentioned in the photo caption.

Hope this information is helpful to the members.

Tony Mireles

This message was edited by TonyM on 1-19-12 @ 10:03 PM

Don Rogers    -- 01-20-2012 @ 1:18 PM
  Tony, That one item actually is a non-Ford item that was quite common in the 30's. It was called a GIT EM DUST CLOTH. There is one for sale on ebay right now item 160717048713. I believe that the item next to the steering column registration is a locking gas cap and the item in the lower row next to the paste wax is an accessory glove box lock.

TonyM    -- 01-20-2012 @ 10:58 PM
  Great Eyes. Thanks Don! I looked at it again with the mag glass and you are right it does say "Get Em Dust Cloth".

Yep, that could be the gas cap. What appears to be a stem protruding from the bottom of the object makes me think it is a tire guage (I once had one of similar design). I guess that is why they marked it "uncertain."

Great job on the glove box lock. That is what it appears to be. At first glance, I thought it was part of the locking hood ornament.

TonyM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=4241