Topic: NAPA- Fuel Pump part number

Stanley    -- 11-08-2011 @ 8:29 PM
  Some time ago a NAPA part number for a flat head V-8 fuel pump was given on this forum. Does anybody remember this part number? I am looking for one to fit my 1937, 85 HP. thanks.

nelsb01    -- 11-08-2011 @ 9:09 PM
  Have you done a search for NAPA?
On title line, far right click on seach box.
Then enter your key word, change the length of time (standard is 60 days) and see if you can find it. Key word will be highlighted in the search.

If you have done this, then I guess we all will have to wait for an answer.

TomO    -- 11-09-2011 @ 6:45 AM
  You can find the following number at Napaonline.com:
AFP591. That is the number for the pump without the galss sediment bowl.

Tom

37 Coupe    -- 11-09-2011 @ 6:58 AM
  I bought the fuel pump from NAPA for my 1937 Ford but I am running a 59AB engine and the fuel pump is the glass bowl one,both incorrect but running good and American made. The number is M825 the bar code numbers are 6 14046128170 and another number is09282. These pumps work and hold up to ethanol or at least have for almost three years. I had pump failures within 6 months from three rebuilt ones with supposedly ethanol proof diaphragms and fuel pump "gurus"

supereal    -- 11-09-2011 @ 2:03 PM
  There is alcohol now in all gas, even that which isn't supposed to have it. It enters in the pipelines, transports, pumps, and other parts of the system. If your fuel system isn't composed of nitrile (fuel proof) parts, it only takes a few weeks to have problems. The ethanol industry has been pushing the government to mandate 15% alcohol instead of 10%. During tests by Kiekhaefer Corp, maker of Mercury boat engines, it was found that 15% resulted in the virtual destruction of the test engines. I suspect our old car engines won't fare better.

Stanley    -- 11-09-2011 @ 9:39 PM
  Thanks to all of you who responded to my NAPA fuel pump question. It is great to have folks like you out there with experience and willing to share it with us at this end. Happy driving those V-8 Flatheads.
Stanley

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3949