Topic: Bolt Find

doning    -- 11-02-2011 @ 3:11 AM
  Hey Guy's! Anyone know where I can find the bolt with the hole through it for the oil line for a oil filter canister set-up? It bolts into one of the distributor mounting holes. I have a oil filter unit but it's missing this special bolt. Thanks.

ford38v8    -- 11-02-2011 @ 8:44 AM
  doning, I doubt you'll find the bolt by itself. It comes with the installation kit, which includes the flex line with the banjo end that the bolt goes through. Look for them together as a kit from 1940, sorry I don't have the part number.

Alan

c-gor    -- 11-03-2011 @ 1:02 PM
  Doning

Send me an e-mail. I may have one
c.gorris@prodigy.net

This message was edited by c-gor on 11-3-11 @ 2:02 PM

ken ct.    -- 11-03-2011 @ 5:53 PM
  Your gonna get too much oil in the dist housing,been there done that,same trouble at the fuel pump stand. Only place is using the later dip stick mount with the 2 holes in it. Oil goes right back in pan. You can make one by a cheap hard ware store bolt [course thread] drill down to the head then drill an intersecting one cross ways .150 to .187 stopping that amount away from the head. Thats for allowance of the copper gasket and to center it in the groove of the banjo fotting. Its kind of touchy ive made a few. ken ct.

doning    -- 11-04-2011 @ 3:33 PM
  Ok. Thanks Ken.

Lincoln    -- 11-05-2011 @ 8:55 AM
  If you are after originality, the correct drilled and Black oxidized stud to use is 01A-18661-B. Fram's part number for this stud is #251. They normally come with two thin copper washers.
Lincoln.

ford38v8    -- 11-05-2011 @ 9:31 AM
  Ken, There is no direct route for oil to get to the distibutor, but yes, I'm sure that you'd get oil if the mounting screw or gasket were not seated correctly. Wherever it is installed would have to be seated right, or oil leaks would follow.

Alan

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3923