Topic: 1939 Ford Panel Delivery

Miller    -- 10-29-2011 @ 5:40 AM
  Doesn't someone have information on this vehicle that would help me?

trjford8    -- 10-29-2011 @ 8:22 AM
  We are not ignoring your request for help, but information on commercial Fords is scarce. Many of us are not well versed on commercial Fords and we don't want to give information that may not be correct.We can help with the running gear and other mechanical items, but as far as body , trim, etc. it may be difficult to find the info. If you are a V-8 Club member you might send your questions to Jim Wagner who is the Commercial Advisor for the V-8 Times. He may also be able to refer you to other sources of information on the commercial vehicles.

Stroker    -- 10-29-2011 @ 8:28 AM
  Kyle: I think what's throwing us, is your designation of 82A. A 39 Sedan Delivery is a
91A-78A by our reckoning, and a 39 Panel Delivery is a 91A-80C. Of course the Sedan is based on an auto body, and the other is based on a pick-up (commercial) body. The seat and trim answers would depend upon which class of vehicle you are asking about.

Stroker    -- 10-29-2011 @ 8:28 AM
  Kyle: I'm not sure where you came up with 82a, as that just doesn't register with Ford model designations as far as I know. This may explain the lack of responses to your original post.
Having said that, a JPEG photo would help a lot. Us Forum contributors try very hard to either answer questions responsibly, or attempt to direct you to a site that may help. If your vehicle is a commercial
(based upon a pick-up body and chassis), it gets tougher, as we don't have that many members who are
conversant with the late 30's commercial offerings by Ford. In any case, we'd love to see your project,
and posting a photo would get the Forum "juices" flowing, I'm sure.

This message was edited by Stroker on 10-29-11 @ 4:24 PM

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=3913