Topic: 35-36 Pickup Restoration Book

jerry.grayson    -- 11-27-2009 @ 6:16 AM
  As some of you may know,Lawson Cox and I have been gathering information for the publication of this book for the V8 club. Some people have said that they think that only about 500 of these trucks are in the club. I think that the figure may be 4 or 5 times this amount.
I believe that many members have these trucks under construction or in storage waiting on time or restoration information. I personally know of quite a few in this stage. I also think that lots of these have been modified to some extent into drivers and are not listed im members care in the roster.
I would like to get some input from you about this subject.

RSS    -- 11-27-2009 @ 8:33 AM
  I have one of the 1935 Ford pickups in good driving condition, mostly stock, except for the hydrolic brakes and a 1937 engine block. Randy

Don Rogers    -- 11-27-2009 @ 9:13 AM
  Jerry, after I read your posting I went to a 2000 data file of the club membership and did a sort for 1935 and 1936 pickups. Back then there were 240 pickups that the members fessed up to!! The membership then was about 9500 members. Given the increased popularity of the pickups in recent years the 240 number is probably low.

trjford8    -- 11-27-2009 @ 7:06 PM
  Jerry, 500 pickups may not be that far off. I doubt that there are more than that number. You have to remember that we only have about 10,000 members in the V-8 Club. At 500 that would mean about 5% of the membership own 35-36 pickups.
Keep in mind there are a lot of people who own these trucks that are not members of the V-8 Club. Your pickup book will be sold to whoever has an interest in these pickups. Pickups have become very popular in the last few years, so the interest in in a fact book concerning them is fairly high. Thanks to you and Lawson for volunteering to do this book. It will be a great contribution to the V-8 Club.

35ford    -- 11-28-2009 @ 12:47 PM
  I have a 35 P.U that is a work in progress but very slow. I also know of an original Dump truck and a restored Long wheel base cab and chassis. Owner of both has passed away and estate is unsettled. Do not know of any other details. My 35 was the pattern truck for the interior panels and my son's 37 P.U is the same situation. Was Lee Athertons of L.B. Co. and he was the 2nd owner. I went with him to get it.

EFV-8 Club Forum : https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum
Topic: https://www.earlyfordv8.org/forum/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=18&Topic=375